Troubles with f-100

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by yaniv, Jul 18, 2005.

1. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

hi all

i just start the F100 by marek
    the models looks very g8 and the paint is very nice

but whan i start the model i found some smol problem thet culd be becos my technics and so...

but now i have big 1 thet stop my progres

i have aproblem conecting part 54 to part 55

its the end of the fishleg parts

did some one here got this model or start it so he can help me with this?
  2. DeWayne

DeWayne Member

The F-100 is Roman's and as with all his works you can make your own connecting strips or make an extra thick former (B through H in this case) and sand edges to fit snugly from one fuselage section to the next. Depending on the model I am doing at the time I use either or both.

When you get to the landing gear housing, you may want to add a layer to either side of the assembly to give the skin something to glue to. Adds a little strength as well.

Glue the seat in place after you insert the cockpit into the fuselage. Gives you a little more 'wiggle room' during construction.

Something else I did was to trace the outline of the wing root at the fuselage and make a former. After assembly was complete I glued this to the correct location on the fuselage and this gave me a solid platform to glue the wing to.

If there is anything else I can help with just give me a yell.

3. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

hi my freand

thenks alot for reply me

its pasibol to send me pic of parts 54-55 to see how its need to be coz i cant figer the shap its suld looks like

how some instraction how to esembels this 2 parts
  4. 46rob

46rob Member

I think your problem might be that you haven't got the part contours quite right. If you look at the former that fits that area, you'll see that the area has sharp bends and a nearly flat bottom. Part 55 (the tailcone), has to transition back to a circular cross section at the end. I've put a free model of the F-100F two seater in the Parts Bin--It's a much simpler build and might be good practice to get the fuselage shape down.
  5. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

u can please send me alink to your free model so i can see the shap of it?

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy all,

Rob is right, as well he should be since he designed a very nice F-100 that you can get in the parts bin . But the bottom of the tail cones does go from flat to rounded again. However..... I did find another mistake in the instructions in romans model, there are two part no.# 54's (see attachment). I know this has nothing to do with your problem, but thought I would point it out.
    It is still a really nice model as is robs, Rob has made several beautiful models which he offers for sale at
    But be sure and stop by the parts bin and pick up the free F-100 two seater he has given as a download.

have a nice day all,

Greg aka GW
  7. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i not want to be anoid 1 or somting
    but i think thet if in the next model u add a paint strips its can be a very esey to esembel the model and its will add to the models more ditels
  8. 46rob

46rob Member

9. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

rob its g8 model

i going tray it next 1 :)

thenks alots