trouble with the evader !help!

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by jwilkins, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwilkins

jwilkins New Member

I own a duratrax evader st. after two weeks, i've started having trouble. When i press on the trigger to accelarate, it doesnt go forwards. i have to give it a push start and even then it doesnt go as fast as usual at full batery. It may be an easy problem to solve but this is the first car ive got and its all new to me.
  2. rustler

rustler Member

its your engine that was the first rc i had and it did the same thing it will get worse and worse finally my cousin came over with one of his old motor hooked it up to mine and it ran great
  3. jonatay

jonatay New Member

Your motor may need new brushes and/or your commutator may need to be trued. If your commutator has grooves worn in it then it needs trued. If you can't find anyone to true it for you, then you can buy a new motor for $17 from Towerhobbies. If your commutator is good, then you probably need new brushes. Usually it is the brushes you need more than the other.
  4. redheat

redheat Member

For a quick fix remove the brushes clean the comm. and put new brushes on , sooner or later your gonna have have the comm cut and put another set of brushes on, RED
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.