Trouble on the trestle bridge

shamus

Registered Member
There was a slight calamity on the trestle bride today; some logs broke loose and started down the bank and narrowly missing the shack.

di01.jpg

Along came the McGiffert log loader to retrieve the logs and try and make the track passable for further traffic.

di02.jpg

The McGiffert was hard pushed to swing out very far because the guide ropes for the heel boom were in the way.

di04.jpg

However, Mrs Mac couldn’t care less and carried on putting out the washing.

di05.jpg

The work is still in progress and loco’s are indeed backing up and waiting for the trestle bridge to clear.

di06.jpg

Shamus

RailRon

Wow, Paul, that was a near miss for Mrs. Mac's shack! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm only glad that the log spill didn't destroy the wood bridge, because I just finished its construction with 3rdPlanIt. Now I can go on adding the log pillars below the bridge and then the landscape around it. Otherwise I had had to start all over again! Whew! :D :D :D

Ron

Attachments

• Lowbridge.jpg
    Lowbridge.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 338

jmarksbery

:mad: Damn careless LPB's, I think Mrs. Mac should call OSHA in on them! They are going to kill someone someday! :curse:
:wave: Great pictures and story Shamus. :wave:

nalmeida

Great scene, I was to ask this question earlier, did you bought any structure or rolling stock to your layout or did you built everything from scratch? Was the track hand laid or bought?

shamus

Registered Member
nalmeida said:
Great scene, I was to ask this question earlier, did you bought any structure or rolling stock to your layout or did you built everything from scratch? Was the track hand laid or bought?
--------------------------------
Hiya,
All structures are in fact scratchbuilt, also the rolling stock except for the skeleton log cars. Loco's I have scratchbuilt bodies for RTR chassis's. The track is Peco 0-16.5 code 100.

Cheers
Shamus

nalmeida

Just an aditional explanation, are the rtr chassis a brand or a type? I did a search on rtr chassis in google and all I found were some slot cars.

Woodie

Shamus,

Ummm... how did that crane get there? In the "all clear" pic, it's... ummm... sorta .. gone!! :eek: :)

AIGI

Woodie said:
Shamus,

Ummm... how did that crane get there? In the "all clear" pic, it's... ummm... sorta .. gone!! :eek: :)
Look at it closely, it has wheels that swing down and rail it so it can be pulled off.

shamus

Registered Member
Nelson, the chassis's are Bachmann 44 tonne and Proto 2000 SW1's.

Woodie said:
Shamus,

Woodie my friend, here's a pic showing how it all works.
mcgiffert0n30.jpg

Pooh Bah
Nelson:
rtr means "ready-to-run", i.e. fully assembled and painted. The French term is <<pret a servir>> :thumb: