Trotskiy's Wings?

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cts125, Mar 13, 2007.

1. cts125

cts125 New Member

I'm a relative newcomer and have been enjoying building Trotskiy's airplane models.

I do have a question regarding the wings. I'm not satisfied with the 'flat' look I get when I assemble the airfoil shape. And no matter what I do the tips always curve after a few days.

Any ideas or suggestions?

2. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

As far as I know, the wings are meant to be flat on Trotskiy's models.

As for the tips curling, do you live in a humid area?
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Yeah........... besides the beauty of his designs he does it so they will fly.................

I still don't know where these people get off thinking paper airplanes should fly............geez!:grin:

They are ruining it for us who know that paper is suppossed to be used for fantastic static models representing the best possible way to model in 3D an object you wish to have in your house in a scale suitable for the better half you live with to tolerate and keep you from spending the night in the dog house with the family pet!:grin:

How's that for a run on sentence!

4. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

A true-story home-run, John!

Yes, my kid has made a couple of Trotskiy models, and they are good to display (and play), and I have no problems on displaying them.

CT, I think your level of modeling is ready for the next step (as you are now expecting more of the models you are building). Congratulations!

They are still enjoyable, aren't they?
  5. cts125

cts125 New Member

Thanks for the replies...

I didn't realize they were also designed to fly. I print them at a reduced size and find them to be really nice static models.

6. Lepercan

Lepercan Member

Trotskiy models

Y'know, you CAN put an upper camber on the wings of these models by dishing the top a bit, glueing the edges, and trimming the lower part of the wing, (won't be much)