trotskiy's site - where's the password?

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by maple 01, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maple 01

maple 01 New Member

Hi folks,

I'm a newbie to paper models but have been making the plastic ones since the 1970s. I fancy making a few 'freebies' to start with and see Mr Trotskiy has a huge selection of models

Two questions:

Is it possible to buy his work? I like the look of his IJAF and IJN aircraft especially

Secondly (and why I've posted here) I've downloaded his American aircraft but they seem password protected - am I being thick?

2. cardfan

cardfan Member

Welcome Nick!

His works are available on a rotating basis. Just watch for the bars to become pink for download.

There is a password, his name.

Have fun and get to cuttin'...

3. DeWayne

DeWayne Member

On Trotskiy's models you will require the latest Adobe reader (6 I think) and it will prompt you for the Japanese font set. Just follow the instructions when prompted.
    He does have two sets for sale at this time. I have not been able to get the proper context from the interpreter program to figure out how to do it. The models he sells look to be different and more detailed than the freebie flyers.
    The site is a pain to navigate if you don't speak or read Japanese and he does not make any effort to assist. It's a shame because the models really are quite good for flyers. Could easily be used as scale display with a little work.
  4. maple 01

maple 01 New Member

Thank-you kindly gentlemen

5. drwrist

drwrist New Member

Opening Trotskiy's patterns

Hi, Guys;

As long as we're on the subject, I have a bit of a problem.

I can't open his patterns after storing them on my hard drive. when I click on the pink link, the pattern opens in the window after entering the password. When I try to open them from the hard drive the program asks for the password. After I enter it, I get an "incorrect password" message.

Anybody have a suggestion?

6. redwolf28386

redwolf28386 Member

Did you download the files or just the web page? Are you using *******as the password?

Moderator note: For general information, posting passwords is neither allowed or encouraged on these forums. Designers have, in the past, pulled their work over this very issue.
  7. drwrist

drwrist New Member

Hey, Red;

I tried it both ways. I was able to open the the file in the browser window, after entering the password. I then used the "Save as" function to save the file to disc. On attempting to re-open the file from the disc, I get the "incorrect password" message after entering the password.

I also get the "incorrect password" after simply downloading the file and attempting to open the file.

Moderator: sorry for entering the password on the site. I did not know it was a problem.

8. redwolf28386

redwolf28386 Member

:oops: Sorry about the password......wasn't thinking....

9. redwolf28386

redwolf28386 Member

try this.. when I save a file I rename it, usually by adding the date I download it...go back and try that and see if it helps....and just so I don't forget, I'll added the password to protected files the same way....for example; bertsf16140108*****.pdf or what ever

always seems to work and I have the password right with the file...

hope it helps
  10. oklacnw

oklacnw Guest

and now Mr. Trotskiy has locked down his site.
  11. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

I have these

To open any of these files, you need the latest Adobe Reader 9, freely

Admin edit - we are not sharing his models freely just because he pulled his site. Also we dont share passwords. Should Mr Trotskiy say go ahead and share around then fine - but until then it wont happen on this board.
  12. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

too funny
  13. kneedeep

kneedeep New Member

not funny at all. it is you people who caused trotskiys grief
  14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

To anyone else that wanted to respond to this thread - if you dont have anything of value to add to the conversation dont add anything at all. report the post using the report post feature or pm a mod/admin. This is not a place to bash anyone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.