Trotskiy Planes

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by smsuski, May 4, 2005.

1. Al hazlet

Al hazlet Member

2. smyfe

smyfe Member

Trotskiy has the KI-98 up now:)
  3. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Just wondering if anyone more familiar with Trotskiy's site has an answer to this: the Japanese gyro-like airplane is next on the list of models, but the badge is aqua colored, which, according to the babelfish translation, means "secret."

Does anyone know what this means? Is it a model that is not publically available but only available to a select "secret" few? If so, why even both posting the photo if it's not available to the public that visits his webpage?
    The German Ta153H1 appears to be the same.

If anyone could clarify this, I would very much appreciate it.

4. BARX2

BARX2 Member

I was thinking it referred to a "secret weapon" program. We'll know soon enough when it becomes available for download, or not.
  5. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

I've never seen him skip a plane. As far as I know, he makes them all available in order.
  6. Jim Krauzlis

Well, point of fact he does skip the ones he has offered through the Vector website...those have not been available through his website since he's designated them that way; but they are free downloads on the Vector webpage.

True enough, once he gets to this gyro we'll know how he handles them, I suppose.

7. smsuski

smsuski Member

Hi All,
    He use to have the planes he offered on Vector for sale in that aqua color and he didn't offer them as free downloads. So I would think he won't offer it.
    But we'll have to wait and see.
    Marv S.
  8. Texman

Texman Guest

Which will cause much wailing and gnashing of teeth (in my house anyway!)

9. rowiac

rowiac Member

I just noticed Trotskiy has a P-61 Black Widow as his background wallpaper. Must mean it's in the works? I can't wait until he releases that!

10. 57townsman

57townsman Member

11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Vector page??? He has a page I dodnt know about???? ahhhhhh! I better go look for this mysterious page :)
  12. Jim Krauzlis

Well, I guess we have an answer, of sorts...that gyro plane badge is now gone....:???: Not sure what that means, but I suppose we won't see it made available. That's a shame, it really looked fantastic.

13. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Dang, that's a shame!
    I've had my eye on that one for months, waiting for it to come around.
    What a let down.

14. Jim Krauzlis

I understand how you feel, Russell, I too was waiting for that one but I thought it was not to be offered generally since it was labeled "secret", rather than as a general release. I'm a bit disappointed the picture/badge isn't even shown anymore as well.

I am sure we are all happy nonetheless with those models he does graciously offer to us during the release cycle.

15. Fisher

Fisher New Member

Can anyone explain as to why, when I downloaded the model K98_V17 @ 1/60 scale as shown to be, it won`t fit correctly onto an A4 card; this is as big as my printer goes up to and, I know from passed that A3 is not a printer type widly used or sort out in the public domain, that being correct, still does not explain this problem.

My printer is the Epsom R200 type and an excellent printer to be sure, never fails, PDF files are used via Adobe and PDF Converter Pro, so, have three ways to aort out the scale, set to 100%, and NONE set within PDF software, tho`, the printer just does as the other software tell`s it to opperate as.

I would say that, I get at least a quarter of the model surface missing all around the margin as were, so, if anyone can tell me what the hell is going on, I will be very grateful and hopfully get on with doing some of his models..

Many grateful thanks to all and regards,

16. Jim Krauzlis

Hi, Tom.

If you check out the page size of the original pdf file, you will notice the size is 11.67 x 16.5 inches. It also seems there are margins built into the original document, or perhaps the acrobat reader is imposing them automatically. Sometimes you can alter the pdf parameters in print mode to remove the margin settings and then move the document displayed to print out portions at 100% to eventually print off the entire sheet, albeit it on multiple sheets.

I suppose there are printers out that can handle a sheet this size, I also don't have one of those so I usually have to play around a bit with the pdf viewer until I manage to print off the parts at the desired scale. Another way, if you don't care about keeping it to the original scale, is use the "fit to page size" option; then you have to figure out what scale you end up with given the % reduction the preview display tells you.

Not sure this helps any, but this is my experience with printing these files, for what it's worth.

17. Dennis D

Dennis D Member

I'm able to get the entire sheet to print out on an 8.5"x11" sheet by selecting the "Shrink to Printable Area" option in the page scaling. It reduces it to 65%, so since the original was 1/60 scale I believe that it winds up approximately 1/92. Smaller, but still buildable.
  18. dfarrell

dfarrell Member

I used 8-1/2 x 14 card stock and was able to print the P-40 full size. Some of the picture on the bottom was cut off, but all the parts were there. I would imagine that 8-1/2 x 14 would work on his other models as well. It is also handy for for all those other down loaded models that are to be printed on A4 paper.
  19. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Where did you get the 8-1/2 X 14 card stock? I've been searching all over for it in stores and on the web.
  20. dfarrell

dfarrell Member

I found it at a place called the Paper Zone. I think they are a chain store. They specialize in scrap booking supplies. If they don't have a store in your area, try a scrap book store.