Trotskiy Planes

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by smsuski, May 4, 2005.

1. From me the same thanx.
    Mr. Trotskiy, you are the Mother
    Theresa for the paperfriends.

2. joec

joec New Member

Hi,all! I am having similar problems with the P-51 file. Downloads just fine but then open. I tried bfoutch's suggestion of opening it with IE but got same problem...locks up and says "not responding". I didn't have any problem at all with the P-47 file even though others apparently did. I have to wonder what Mr. Trotskiy is doing differently now that could be causing the problems. Did anyone else have trouble opening the P-51 and then were able to get around it? If so, how? Thanx.
  3. gcsmith

gcsmith G. Smith

Can you still open other Trotskiy files? How about any other pdf file?

If you can open other pdf files try downloading the P-51 again.

Jerry Smith
  4. bfoutch

bfoutch New Member

Opening P51 file

Instead of trying to open from the web page, try this:

Right click on P51 image on Trotskiy's web page.
    Click on "save link as".
    Save to your computer (to your Trotskiy folder or your desktop, so you can find it again).

Now, open Adobe Reader 9 (make sure it is Adobe Reader 9)
    In Reader 9, click on "File" and then on "Open" in the drop down menu.
    Find and select the P51 file you saved.
    Click on the "Open" button, type in password, and it should open.

I will also add my sincerest thank you to Mr. Trotskiy for the wonderful models!
  5. DHL

DHL Member

6. joec

joec New Member

Yeah,bfoutch pointed out what should've been obvious ( but wasn't) to some of us...if the file doesn't open by double clicking on it then try opening Adobe Reader 9 FIRST! Worked like a charm. Interestingly, now the file will open by double clicking it even if AR9 is NOT open. Thanks, bfoutch for your help and a special THANK YOU Mr. Trotskiy for his terrific models. I have a small but growing collection of his planes and I think they're great!
  7. Switched

Switched Recidivist

The file has been updated as a 'b' version. Go grab it. :)
  8. rman

rman New Member

I can not tell any difference between the first and the b file
  9. sima-sakon

sima-sakon New Member

'b'version is able to open Adobe Reader 7
    Trotskiy-san arigatou gozaimasu!!
  10. oklacnw

oklacnw Guest

I have had no problem opening the files. I just click on the airplanes picture, adobe opens, then type in the password and it opens up.
  11. newcomer

newcomer Member

i'm subscribed to this thread but am not getting update notices. what do i need to do ?
  12. oklacnw

oklacnw Guest

check into it every now and then, you'll get a notice then.
  13. newcomer

newcomer Member

thanks, Al. will do.
  14. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

Hi all,
    I just downloaded the B version of the P-51, but the password I normally use to open Trotskiy's files does not work. Has it changed?

Thanks in advance!
    Ron Caudillo
  15. oklacnw

oklacnw Guest

Trotskiys' password has not changed. Is the 51B version the one that has been up since the 28 Sept?
  16. when your first open it at Trotskiy's site you will see a box in the upper right of the picture "Signature Panel". Click on that. A box will open to the left of the file "Revision 1 signed by Trotskiy" at the top of that box click "Validate all". This will put your comp-uter in sync with his site. I don't believe you will have to do this again.
  17. PModel Rookie

PModel Rookie Member

Are you sure about that?I've did that and a window appeared out of nowhere and says about validating(or something) from a document is unwise(or something like that).Since that,I'm not sure to continue or not........
  18. That just means that MS Windows does not recognize it. I validated it and had no problems. Besides I don't think Mr. Trotskiy would be around very long if he was sending out viruses. I have encountered that message a number of times on reliable sites and never had a problem after validating it. I trusted it but it is up to you. You have to if you want his models.
  19. oklacnw

oklacnw Guest

Trotskiy-san has not posted any new models since the 28th of Sept. Guess he is taking a well deserved break?
  20. Paladin

Paladin Member

I've had the same problems. I can download the most recent model and display it to print, but if I save it, and try to print it later it tells me there is a problem validating, then when I do the validation, it just sits there and the file won't open up. Some earlier models that I had saved till now will open but it says there is a problem with one signature, if I click to validate it, then the file will not open anymore, it just sits there telling me it is opening the file.