Trotskiy Planes

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by smsuski, May 4, 2005.

1. Ken Horne

Ken Horne Member

Hey Guys,

just finished the Macchi :). Cut most of out with scissors, didn't treat the edges, had lots of fun while watching Hockey. Low stress fun, that's what the Trotskiy models are all about.

Take care,

ps, thanks Histbuff
  2. smsuski

smsuski Member

Mr. Trotskiy has released the Typhoon today. I have downloaded it.
    Marv S.
  3. Al hazlet

Al hazlet Member

Great news, thanks for the heads-up. I just downloaded the Typhoon myself.
  4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK........... my link doesn't work anymore. Could someone post a working link?

NEVERMIND! I found it in the past threads

5. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Good to see Mr. Trotskiy is back up, I've no idea how to contact him to thank him for his models, hopefully he looks in here once in a while.
  6. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Yeah, I think it's a good idea to send a thank you e-mail to him for sharing his models.
    I try to make a habit of thanking those I get free downloads from.
    Just showing a little appreciation can go a long way.
  7. Dennis D

Dennis D Member

So the only model Trotskiy is currently sharing is the Typhoon? Cool. 8) I've got it now! :-D

Is it OK if someone with currently unavailable models (I'd really like to have the IL2, since I sometimes play that flight sim, the FW190 and Me109 also) shares those with us? :?
  8. Averjoe

Averjoe New Member

Okay, this is just a theory, but it seems to me that since Trotskiy makes his planes available for free that it would be alright for us to trade amongst ourselves. My guess is that his making only a couple of models available at a time is so he can conserve his bandwidth.

9. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall the open trading and exchanging of his models is what got Trotskiy going in the first place. I gather he is very protective of his designs and copyrights, and doesn't like public swapping of his models, at least that's been my impression. So, it might not be a good idea to continue this line if you want to see more of his models being offered on his site.

10. Averjoe

Averjoe New Member

Point taken Jim. After reviewing Trotskiy's site with Babelfish (an imperfect translation at best) it would appear that we are both correct. He does limit the models available to conserve bandwidth and he apparently DOES NOT condone swapping of the files. (emphasis added to be sure no one misreads)

I certainly respect his wish to keep some control over his intellectual property, but it's too bad that the models are not more readily available. They are simple enough to draw people into the hobby, but still look great when completed.

Oh well, at least it gives us something to look forward to. :)
  11. Kaz

Kaz Member

which server? UBI or Hyperlobby? and what was your nickname? Just wondering if we ever shot each other down? I was kazimierz and KSS_Kaz_UK
  12. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

ok... no one can talk flight sims until they have flown on ;-) seriously... the flight models' overall accuracy in targetware put IL2 to shame :-D dont mind the rough edges... is in BETA but free at the moment, plus there is a great community.
  13. Dennis D

Dennis D Member

I used to fly occasionally as "Keltech" @ UBI. But most of my flight sim is off-line. I am looking to start flying more though. Maybe we can get together @ UBI when I've knocked the rust off my flying... :wink:
  14. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

the mosquito is up!! :-D
  15. Dennis D

Dennis D Member

Got it! :grin: Now I just gotta find some A4 paper... :razz:
  16. smsuski

smsuski Member

Trotskiy has released the wyvern, but he has taken off the musquito.
    Marv S.
  17. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

got it, i also grabbed the mosquito before it was taken down ;-)
  18. bigtom

bigtom Member

Come on VAMPIRE!!!

Histbuff I am back on line at work where I keep my paper model files. E mail me if you are still looking for mr t planes...
  19. smsuski

smsuski Member

Mr. Trotskiy has released the Vampire today.

Marv S.
  20. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

damn... u beat me to it!