Trotskiy Planes

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by smsuski, May 4, 2005.

1. trotskiy210

trotskiy210 New Member

Perhaps, the purpose of impossible "Babelfish" is the password.
    The password is abolished sooner or later.
  2. oklacnw

oklacnw Guest

I have no trouble opening the site or downloading the model (it is a great one!) but I want to also read the technical information Mr. Trotskiy has provided, as I find that of great interest to me. I also wieh I had been able to download the F6F-5 from the carrier Hornet as an older brother of mine flew one off it. I am happy to have him (Mr. Trotskiy) back, tho- beautiful planes!
  3. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

is the pass word still his name?
  4. Lepercan

Lepercan Member

Any idea why Adobe will no longer open Mr. Trotskiy's files?
  5. I think it's better to use Adobe Reader 9

6. boosed

boosed boosed

Lep -- If you have the Adobe 9 Reader, you should be able to open the files. See also, Chris's Posting #681, above. Don
  7. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Anybody know if Acrobat Reader 9 is compatible with Firefox 3. I can"t get it to download. Instead I get a message that shows what to do with an earlier version of Firefox.
  8. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i use foxit but dont know the password to the pdfs. tried his name doesnt work.
  9. oklacnw

oklacnw Guest

See Chris letter above: #681. Do as he says and then Adobe 9 will open with normal password.
  10. oklacnw

oklacnw Guest

Also, I have found that Google Language Tools will translate the data, which I find of great interest.
  11. rhino49

rhino49 New Member

Have just downloaded the corsair using Acrobat vers 9.0 using the right hand click, save target as method I have used before, downloaded fine and opened the file fine using the normal password (His Name)
  12. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

oh well. i just cant go back to adobe. i guess ill just enjoy what others build:)
  13. rhino49

rhino49 New Member

You can quite easily download acrobat reader 9.0 for free from quite a few sites
    which I did

14. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

yes i am aware but adobe is crap and im not going to put it on my comp just for a once in three months download. not a reflection on anybody, i dont have the room or resources (on my computer) for multiple programs that do the same thing. ie: 2 pdf readers. adobe is a huge program that uses a ton of resources even when you are not using it. its a personal choice. and as i said i will just enjoy the photos of others builds.

15. greasecup02

greasecup02 New Member

Still can't log in , site keeps loading and loading etc. Also refuses any combo of user names or pass words.
  16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

username and password are the same - its the number.....

Nothing - you dont need to have adobe to download it - just to view it. Right click and save as and download it to your computer - that way you will at least have the file should you happen to want it in the future :)
  17. Here is a photo of my Trotskiy Lagg-3 resized to 1/72 scale. I prefer to build in this scale so I resize his airplanes down.

Unfortunately, I have an old operating system, Win98, which won't support the newer versions of Adobe, so I have been using Foxit reader to download and open Trotskiy files for some time now. Looks like that's over. :sad: I've managed to amass quite a few of his great models though, so I'll have enough to keep me busy for a while. I think the artwork/skins on his models are top rate, and are not often found even on larger, more detailed commercial models.

I haven't been around the forum much lately, but (my apologies if someone has already done it) I'd like to propose that we start a "Completed Trotskiy Models" thread on this forum. It's rare that anyone posts photos of his models that they've actually built, and it would be a good way to demonstrate our appreciation of his contributions to the hobby over the years (as well as our own enjoyment). A big THANK YOU to Mr. Trostkiy!
  18. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I started that thread a few days ago for just that purpose :)

I am sure Foxit will support adobe 9 at some point - just a matter of time :D
  19. trotskiy210

trotskiy210 New Member

F8F2_BEARCAT is up.
  20. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

thank you!!:)