Trotskiy Planes

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by smsuski, May 4, 2005.

1. otftch

otftch New Member

Mr Trotskiy is asking for a user sign in but it does not seem to work.Anyone figured it out yet ?
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

nope - I read that this happened once before and it was an issue with the coding.... hopefully the same again and it will get fixed when he changes planes next....

Of course this is all going off what others have said so take it with a grain of salkt cause I sure cant read the site....
  3. gregh

gregh Member

quick question - what happened to the wiki ? , click on Chris's link and just get a blank page... thanks & sorry for the bother
  4. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

I can no longer get the site to load at all. I just get a "403 Forbidden" page, with no indication of the whereabouts of the site. I don't understand what's happening, and I hope, of course, that Mr. Trotskiy gets his site up again. I have posted a reply on the other Trotskiy thread here, stating that I would be glad to email others the files that I have. Perhaps if this problem persists, we could all do something similar, and swap files.

5. kneedeep

kneedeep New Member

isnt this also piracy?
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Please stop offering to trade models on site please. I cant control what anyone does off site but offering them up publicly in this manner is not allowed until the designer gives consent.
  7. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Apparently Trotskiy has decided to take a break and this is his way of doing it. I think he did this some five or so years ago but am not sure. Give him some time folks and I'm sure he'll resume his work. Also please pay attention to what Chris says in his post immediately above.
  8. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

Fair enough

Right-ho. I won't offer to swap anything again. Personally, I don't think this is piracy - after all, nothing is being sold, or offered on the 'net, and everything was given freely in the first case, but nevertheless I will accept the rules laid down in this forum and publicly apologise, and ask others not to PM me for files.

PS - I would have posted a similar apology on the other thread, but it's been closed, so I couldn't.
    I don't think my "crime" was so great that I deserved such a public smacking.
  9. gcsmith

gcsmith G. Smith

I get the same blank sheet.

Jerry Smith
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

The WIKI software is not supported with the new forum software - its still there - jsut trying to get the links working again....

Cut-n-paste: No need to apologize - Smacking you certainly wasnt the intention - I just needed everyone to know where we stood on the matter. I closed the other thread so we wouldnt have people cross posting between the two discussing things.
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

No, it does not happen all that regularly :)

I made it publicly because of the current situation with the Trotskiy website and I didnt want it to turn into a landslide of I haves and I wants. It was not intended to be direct chastising of anyone.

I personally dont know if trading these free models is piracy or not (and I certainly dont want to go there since I am not a copyright lawyer - if you are a copyright lawyer please feel free to comment) but Mr. trotskiy has made it abundantly clear that he doesnt want it done so I prefer to abide by his wishes here.
  12. bigtom

bigtom Member

I hope Mr Trotskiy comes back....
    I was waiting for the Ryan Fireball but I can wait for a while....
  13. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

We have Paragon as the stalwart stand-in for Trotskiy. Not only that but he's more personable.

14. That's great but let's be careful not to take any personal shots at our friends here on the forum. I appreciate his contribution regardless of his personality quirks. I just wish he would have held out for the American collection. We finally got there and he pulled the plug. Now I sit here with a lot of Jap and & German planes but only two American planes.
  15. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Patience, grasshopper......:cool:
  16. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

personal shots at friends on our forum???? feh? huh?????

Anyways... as far as trotskiy goes... I think his work is great but I think he's packing it in for good this time. Last time he didn't have downloads. We have 403 now, not 404 and no site without downloads.
  17. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Mr Trotskiy has joined the forums here - I dont know if he will be active or not but he has asked me to share his new site and password with the members here. He has not given me permission to publicly post the new site however. If you would like to have the new site and username/password please send me a PM - I will not send it back via a request in this thread as it might take a lot of time depending on number of requests....

My only request is that you do not publicly post the site or username/password until Mr. Trotskiy has given permission for the site to go public.
  18. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Great news indeed, Chris!
  19. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

OK folks - I was just given permission to share the site and password publicly with the members of Zealot. :D That will be much easier than answering the tidal wave of PM's I received! Now we all know that Trostskiy is a member here and I would like to do something to thank him.

I personally think that seeing that someone has built your model is the best compliment out there. I would like to see pictures of any Trots you have built. Even if you arent much of a photographer try to get some kind of pic taken and get it up here for him to see. I will start a thread for the pics now - so dont let it sit there without pics! I might go build one today just to take a pic (my kids have pretty much smashed others I have made - I let them play with them)

Now the info you have been waiting for ;)
    username and password to site is 2157

Thanks all!