Trotskiy Planes

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by smsuski, May 4, 2005.

1. newcomer

newcomer Member

somehow i'm only getting about two of three notices when someone posts.
    glad i checked - would hate to miss one.
  2. Switched

Switched Recidivist

A beautifully coloured Storch is up - fi156c3_sf_v16.pdf. :thumb:
  3. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Thanks Matt.:thumb:

Fieseler Storch!
    That's the one I've been particularly waiting for.

4. newcomer

newcomer Member

did Trotskiy-san skip the Ta 152h ?
  5. Switched

Switched Recidivist

No, but he only did the 9 version and skipped the 3. You can see I posted about it several days ago. You have to be quick. :)
  6. newcomer

newcomer Member

i haven't been getting all the updates (subscribed) to this forum.
    can you send me the Ta152 ?

does anyone have the Betty that keeps showing up on his ever-changing wallpaper?
  7. JLKasper

JLKasper New Member

Mr. Trotskiy now has the European color scheme version of the Storch available:

8. Switched

Switched Recidivist

Actually, it's fi156c3_ce_v16.pdf that's up. I'd been hoping Trotskiy-san would post both Storch models. :thumb:

You might need to refresh the page, JLKasper.
  9. JLKasper

JLKasper New Member

:oops: Sorry 'bout that. In all the excitement of finding the dark version, I copied the file name from a previous post, and forgot to change the "f" to the "e" in the current version. Since I cacth a new release once every blue moon, I'll probably forget again next time.
  10. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Thanks, guys. :thumb:

I didn't realise there were two versions of the storch from trotskiy.
  11. Artie Bob

Artie Bob Member

Trotskiy twins

Are the Trotskiy twin engine aircraft available, either free or for purchase? There are some (like Lorna and Lily) that do not appear to have been done by anyone else. I am teased as the background to Trotskiy's page rotates through the various twins that he has apparently done. As to versions it seems there are several versions of most types he has designed.

Best Regards,

Artie Bob
  12. smyfe

smyfe Member

Trotskiy has got the JU-87 Stuka up for download:thumb:
  13. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Thank you, smyfe. :thumb:

14. Does
    Trotskiy intend for the builder to lay the wings flat? It seams that is his intention. I always use Fiddlers method and form an airfoil at the leading edge of the top of the wings but that shortens it a little and I end up cutting off a little from the bottom. I would like to see an option for both methods. All he would have to do is widen the wings a little to allow for the airfoil shape. But I enjoy the simplicity of his designs. I haven't tried flying one yet. You can build one in an hour, how cool is that?

Thanks Trots
  15. rhino49

rhino49 New Member

Just Noticed a different version of the Stuka, one with EP after the Insignia.
    PS Can anybody let us know what squadron these two stuka versions are?
  16. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Thank you rhino49. I'd have missed that.

For those who don't already know:

When trotskiy puts up a new version, he first puts up the old one for a while. The old version is then replaced by the new.

This means that, if you miss a particular version, it's gone for good.

Trotskiy also says that he sometimes posts an old one for only a day.
    He tries to post new models in the displayed order, but if a model is skipped for one or two years, it's not him being perverse, it's the old software.

Anyone fluent in Japanese, please feel free to correct this.
    (I am only fluent in babblefish and googlespeak) :rolleyes:
  17. charliec

charliec Active Member

You can work it out from the fuselage markings - over at one of the regular forum participants can read Japanese so the Trotskiy captions are translated as the new models appear.

The Stukas are from:

Staffel 5, II Gruppe, Sturzkampfgeschwader 2 ("Immelmann")(5.II/St.G2) based in Russia.
    Staffel 6, II Gruppe, Sturzkampfgeschwader 3 (6.II/St.G3)
    based in North Africa/Mediterranean(current download)

Much more detail is available on bases used, etc at The Luftwaffe, 1933-45

18. So noone wants to takle my question? I get the impression that everyone collects Trotsky's planes but hardly anyone actually builds them or so-it-would seem??? I only say that because I don't see any posts showing actual builds but the two I posted. I was hoping to see some that would blow mine out of the water. You guys are setting the bar way too low here.:p:???:sign1:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  19. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Heh heh - I have actually been mulling over a contest idea. A quantity contest of most models built in a given timeframe. It would consist of any of the small models like Trots, ojimaks, paragons, sprintx etc.... I wonder if there might be any interest in this contest..... plus it would help showcase some models that we rarely see build threads about!
  20. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Great idea, Chris.

Tim: to answer your question.

Trotskiy recommends you give the wings some dihedral for stability, and curl the trailing edges a little for lift.

Check this for more info:
    making it fly

Note that "if it flies 'hurahura' (giddy)" means: if it stalls.

"Crossing the room, when it reaches the point where you bore the hole through the shoji it is success."
    Shoji = paper screen. :mrgreen: