Trotskiy Planes

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by smsuski, May 4, 2005.

1. edi

edi Member

download shouldn`t be a problem, save as to the desk or wherever...
    open it in Acrobat or Foxit, enter password....... and it will work

Mr.Trotskiy das done his work to be printed in A3 to get the 1/60 scale.
    But who has a A3-printer? So I print with 50% and then I copy it to x-% to get my wanted scale
  2. Willy G

Willy G New Member

Printing larger sizes

Hi fellows,

There is a way of printing Trotskiy's planes in larger scales than what they were designed at.

All you have to do is fit the larger part of a layout like the wings to fit the width of your screen at something like 125% zoom and print the option of "current view" or only what shows in the screen, then you repeat the process of printing the rest of the parts allways at the same magnification zoom or percentage. You will be printing groups of parts rather than the whole design at one, it does waste paper or card (and ink obviously)but it allows to also print parts in different thickness paper or cardboard, and you get a much larger model.

The definition in the art work is very good and you can print at almost 300% magnification before seen any traces of pixels or raged edges.

Mr. Trotskiy rendering of colors and surfaces is very crisp and even if you print in black&white for testing purposes the models are very apealing. I do testing models printed the way I described to play around with the gliding/flying caracteristics.

Have fun and keep building!

3. newcomer

newcomer Member

edi and Willy G,
    thanks for the tips.
  4. Dear paperfriends.

Mr. Trotskiy have a new one to download.

Its a Type99.

5. gregh

gregh Member

Thanks to Willy G for the printing tip !! its like "wow why didn't i think of that"
  6. degreen60

degreen60 Member

A second Val is up(type 99)
  7. steitler212

steitler212 WW2 Airplane Guru

THE Yokosuka Judy dive bomber is now up
  8. RacerX

RacerX Member

type97a_v17.pdf is up!
  9. Nexus9

Nexus9 Member

Hi all, the Tenzan torpedo plane is now available.
  10. newcomer

newcomer Member

thanks, again for the heads-up. i'll get all of these yet.
  11. RacerX

RacerX Member

the ryusei57_v25 is up!
  12. AdamN

AdamN Member

Anyone know where the torpedo is to this plane and the last couple? I have been waiting to get them because I thought they would come with one like in the picture.

Any ideas?

13. You can find the torpedo on the Type 97a.

14. newcomer

newcomer Member

not on mine.
  15. Thats right,

I think you have the Type97a V17
    I have the Type97a V16

If you like? Send me a mail.

16. edi

edi Member

Ryusei24_v25 is up:thumb:
  17. steitler212

steitler212 WW2 Airplane Guru

does anyone have trotskiys planes in pdf. or zip. form because my computer cant handle rar. type files my email is i would gladly appreciate it thanks:cool:
  18. Paladin

Paladin Member

Down below is the web address to download a "read only" version of the software to read .rar files. I use it all the time, and it constantly asks if I want to upgrade to a full use version by buying it.

Rar reader free software by NSoftware and others
  19. gcsmith

gcsmith G. Smith

Trotskiy's Planes are downloaded in pdf format.
  20. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

Trotskiy does use the latest Adobe Reader. If you have an older one, the files might not open.
    Foxit Reader works also. It opens several kinds of files including PDF files and RAR files. It also starts up much faster than Adobe.
    It's a free program. Just Google 'Foxit Reader.'