Trotskiy Planes

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by smsuski, May 4, 2005.

1. smsuski

smsuski Member

2 of the Japanese planes are now up on Trotskiys site.
  2. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Trotskiy's B7A2 Ryusei

Anybody downloaded this plane when it was available and is willing to share?
  3. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Hi, Michael:
    I might have it, but I don't know the designation you used.
    Which one is it on the Trotskiy page?
  4. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

5. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

OK this is a dumb question but here it goes anyways.
    How do you download anything from this site? I can not find any models that can be downloaded.
    Thanks for any help.
  6. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Hi, Kevin! :smile:

That's not a dumb question, no such thing, really, but it's one I see regularly. This site is a bit different from many in that Trotskiy circulates his available downloads from time to time. By this I mean he usually has only three of the planes available for download...they are the ones with the pink badges. If it's not pink, it's not available at this time, but if you check in from time to time you'll see he changes the available models.

The pictures are links to the information pages, they can be accessed all the time, but it doesn't give you links to the model itself. The badges below the the pictures are the links (when pink) to the available models. I find it best to right click and save the target file to my computer. You can then open them, but you have to know the's the same for all the model files, and the password is the name of the site owner.
    He uses other colors to signify certain things, and if you run the webpage through a translation, like Altavista, you can see what he says those other colors mean.

I hope this helps. If you still have trouble getting to the available models, let me know.

7. smsuski

smsuski Member

Trotskiy Models

The planes that have the Blue color band were or maybe still available on the Vector site as purchased models.

8. saghost

saghost New Member

The 'Vector' site? I haven't come across this one yet... (and tossing that into Google with either paper model or trotskiy didn't help.) Where is it?
  9. smsuski

smsuski Member

I think I read on the old site or over at Smartgroups-papermodels that
    Mr. Trotskiy may have pulled the blue ones off of vector. If you poke around
    at the top of the Trotskiy page (the colored buttons) one of them Takes you to Links and the vector site is listed at the top. He also has 2 free plane there
    the one on the main page that are yellow.
    Hope this will help
    Marv S.
  10. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

hey :D ive been wondering how to navigate that site for a long time. many thanks!
  11. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

does anyone have a copy of Trotskiys c202 or the p51d theyd b willing to share?
  12. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Hopefully someday the Mossie and Vampire will cycle through.
  13. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey Rick I got the Mosquito, give me your email and I'll push it out to you. Sorry don't have the Vampire.

histbuff1190 I've got the Macchi 202 but don't have the P-51. Same goes for you give me the email and I'll push it out to you.

14. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

many thanks :D pm otw
  15. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

found something inteesting on his page. On the main opage right under the large pink box is a link that says excite with some chinese characters after it. (not sure they are chinese, no offense meant in any way please excuse my ignorance of foriegn languages. )
    Click that link and it will translate the page to english making it very easy to navigate and understand.
    Hope that helps someone.
    Also it appears that the F4F4 has been taken down but the other three american planes are still up, maybe a new group of planes is coming up soon!
  16. tukangmakan

tukangmakan New Member

Most of them cant be downloaded. Btw, thats JAPANESE not chinese.
  17. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

We are aware of that, read the posts. The author rotates the available models with only a couple available at a time.

Again sorry for the mistake. Not sure what all the CAPS is about, think the point would have been just as clear without it.

All that aside, Welcome to the forums! Why don't you post a thread in the introductions section so we can get to know you and give you a proper welcome! If I can be of any help please don't hesitate to ask!
  18. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Although I have already been given copies of the P-47, I thought that I'd bring up the fact that it is now "in the pink". After clicking on it though, all I get to save is a copy of the HTML page, not the PDF file....just thought I'd share.
  19. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

and the answer to my own question is.....I was trying to download it while using the "Excite" translated page, not the regular JAPANESE version (sorry, just HAD to throw that in there somehow) :)
  20. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Hey John,

got the mossie, thanks a bunch.