Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by conrailmike, Feb 16, 2008.

1. conrailmike

conrailmike Member

Anyone notice the little blurb about The Juice Train on the sides of Tropicana cartons lately? I just noticed it recently.
  2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

3. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

That must be neat to see! Any chance of getting a pic of it Mikey? How regular is its schedule?

4. N Gauger

I might be able to someday.... It comes by here around 10 - 11 PM... It's dark near where i live.. So I'll have to find a better place to take pics,.. :)

There's a picture about half way down this page:

Pictures, Analysis, and Art.
  5. puddlejumper

puddlejumper Member

Got to run 'er a few times Richmond/AACA-Phily/RG, was the second hottest train on the division at the time. (behind 175/176, trailer trains)

6. N Gauger

Finally - after 6 months :) :)

Me, the camera and "the Trop" all met at a grade crossing... i was 8th in line, so i could only get "Half" car shots.........
  7. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

I have a Tropicana reefer car on my MicroSoft Train Simulator. :D
  8. N Gauger

That's Cool!!!! :D :D :D I used to download all sorts of stuff when I was running MSTS.. At one time - i had the John Bull running on the Northeast corridor.. To Funny!!!!
  9. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

I've never seen the "juice train", I think it runs from Florida to NYC 3 or 4 times a week, with a second "juice train" running from Florida to Chicago once or twice a week. However, 5 or 6 Tropicana juice cars are moved to So Cal to Tropicana's City Of Industry warehouse 3 or 4 times a week, so anybody modeling the U.P. could always model a few of the Tropicana cars for their layout. I'm not sure where else Tropicana has warehouses.
  10. e-paw

e-paw Member

When I lived in Bayonne (NJ)I saw the juice train quite a few times running in and out of the Tropicana's plant in jersey city. The plant was located right on the city line between Jersey city and Bayonne.The best spot to get a picture was a clearing next to a group of housing projects called Curry Woods, we'll call it the "wrong side of the tracks". Never the less I never got a picture for fear of having my camera (or car)stolen. Most of the time the train had a bunch of the newer refer cars with the one piece molded body, they maid me think of a full sized shake the box kit. Maybe the manufacture looked to Athern for construction ideas?
  11. N Gauger

that's Neat e-paw... I understand your comments too - - There are lots of "Those areas" here in PA too :( :(