TRON ~ Sark's carrier

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gearz, Oct 16, 2009.

1. greatsaje

greatsaje New Member

To make it on a large scale we took the papercraft design and built it to 400% to work out how many peices wee needed to split it into and what internal framing we needed to make for the full scale version which consisted of 2 sets of "legs" and a main cross beam to hang the MDF pannels. After todays working bee and adding some lighting effects to it we have discovered that we need to add some extra cross beams to the legs and a much more detailed cross beam as the holes that we cut out to fit the lexan have made the rig twist and wobble more so we will have to strip it back down next weekend and rebuild the internal structure again to make it more rigid.

I will get my files and pics together and start a new thread in the next few days.
  2. Greenman

Greenman Member

I've not seen any kind of tutorial for Pep. So my knowledge is extremely minimal. I have imported a 3DS model of a classic Light Cycle just to experiment with the seams, edges and folds, but honestly not much more than an hours worth of experimenting. I'm completely ignorant about the arrangement of the parts in the 2D window, specifically arranging parts per page, and such.

I suppose I could just spend a little time with the software:rolleyes:
  3. Greenman

Greenman Member

I'm looking forward to seeing this beastie.:thumb:
  4. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

I look forward to seeing it as well.
  5. greatsaje

greatsaje New Member

We have resolved the lighting issue, we are not going to put lights in it, but we are going to paint the red strips on in UV active paint and the cinema will change the fluro lights overheda to black light (UV) to illuminate it.

SEBRET Member

That actually sounds like a much better idea to me. can't wait
  7. johndenord

johndenord New Member

got to love TRON