Trololo-My son says this guys is all the rage

Z

Zathros

Thank God some things can not be made by card models. My son and all his friends laugh hysterically at this. There is every permutation possible, backwards, sideways, you have to see it to believe it. I have never heard kids laugh so hard. It's kind of addictive.................................

[YOUTUBE]sTSA_sWGM44[/YOUTUBE]

RocketmanTan

Mar 21, 2010
New York, NY
rocketmantan.deviantart.com
Meh, that meme's been dead ever since it got featured on Family Guy. Originally, it was popular due to the fact that the lyrics sound like the singer's taunting the viewer by happily singing "Trollololo" - a mutation on the word "troll". My friends and I would hum the tune whenever one of us screws with someone else. Ever since it's been on Family Guy - an honor known as the infamous "meme kiss of death" - no one has really mentioned it.

As for some historical background, the song was written and performed in Soviet-Era Russia. Russian censors felt that the original lyrics (which centered around a cowboy working on a ranch) were counter-revolutionary, and gave the singer, Edward Khil, a choice. He could either change the lyrics, or risk his career being ruined. So, faced with that proposition, he replaced the lyrics with a sort of humming that came to be known as the "Trollolo song".

Z

Zathros

No it has not been dead for over a year!! I got the same response from someone else. They thought it was funny, but, since that time has passed, it is no longer relevant to them, so when another group discovers it, it does not matter. Personally, I am so tired of seeing "Meh", I am tempted to delete it from posts. This is not a joke, or "meme", "Meh" is an inability to properly express ones thoughts.

Personally, I can't stand "Family guy", so I have seen nothing off of that show. Do you understand the personal nature of one's reality? Gee willikers, you whippersnappers wouldn't know a good boner unless it jumped up and slapped you in the face!

I understand "Humor", as perceived from different eras and time. I wonder if you guys ever laugh when you read of watch Shakespearean plays?

3 guys urinating off of bridge over a river, the first guy says, sure is cold out here, the second guy says, that river is cold too, the third guy say, and deep".

Not a "meme" it's a joke. When you look at something and share it, others find it funny or not. If you did find it funny once, then the appropriate answer is obvious, not dismissive, not "meh", which really deceiving and untruthful. That's contradictory. Besides, as I stated, the point was missed. 12 year old perception of humor, that's all.

Believe me, I know how to be "Been there, done that". That's easy. Oh well.

I was just sharing the hilarity that 12 year old's of a certain locale where having with this. Very simple. It's not funny for the reason you described either. However, one never explains humor, usually, it shows you got it wrong. I know why this is funny, so does my son, and quite a few other people I have talked too! I also know the history of the guy.

My son laughed really hard when he saw people on here making "Pink Ponies". I told them that these guys probably have daughters that they give them to, why else would a man make a pink pony? He said, "Oh, I hope so!". :)

RocketmanTan

Mar 21, 2010
New York, NY
rocketmantan.deviantart.com
No it has not been dead for over a year!! I got the same response from someone else. They thought it was funny, but, since that time has passed, it is no longer relevant to them, so when another group discovers it, it does not matter. Personally, I am so tired of seeing "Meh", I am tempted to delete it from posts. This is not a joke, or "meme", "Meh" is an inability to properly express ones thoughts.

Personally, I can't stand "Family guy", so I have seen nothing off of that show. Do you understand the personal nature of one's reality? Gee willikers, you whippersnappers wouldn't know a good boner unless it jumped up and slapped you in the face!

I understand "Humor", as perceived from different eras and time. I wonder if you guys ever laugh when you read of watch Shakespearean plays?

3 guys urinating off of bridge over a river, the first guy says, sure is cold out here, the second guy says, that river is cold too, the third guy say, and deep".

Not a "meme" it's a joke. When you look at something and share it, others find it funny or not. If you did find it funny once, then the appropriate answer is obvious, not dismissive, not "meh", which really deceiving and untruthful. That's contradictory. Besides, as I stated, the point was missed. 12 year old perception of humor, that's all.

Believe me, I know how to be "Been there, done that". That's easy. Oh well.

I was just sharing the hilarity that 12 year old's of a certain locale where having with this. Very simple. It's not funny for the reason you described either. However, one never explains humor, usually, it shows you got it wrong. I know why this is funny, so does my son, and quite a few other people I have talked too! I also know the history of the guy.

My son laughed really hard when he saw people on here making "Pink Ponies". I told them that these guys probably have daughters that they give them to, why else would a man make a pink pony? He said, "Oh, I hope so!". :)

Good argument; humor is timeless, and if someone finds it funny, then they can laugh all they want. Hell, I'm currently reading Voltaire's Candide, and I've been giggling like an idiot at it. I'm not a big fan of Family Guy, either - which is essentially why the show's killed it for quite a few - and I pretty much share your disdain for it. You know the deal with something like that: something you find funny is picked up by a TV show with stupid humor and stupid fans, and then those fans pick up the joke and butcher it to hell. Since I spend my day in the heart of Lower Manhattan, I've seen way more than my fair share of this banality. Maybe the impact of that show is not so widespread in your area - I don't know.

I've obviously stepped on a pet peeve or two here, so, I'm not going to exacerbate the situation any further. My only intent was to engage in a friendly discussion, as is the way of this site, and I'm sorry if for some reason or other, my message suggested otherwise.

Z

Zathros

Dude, if your in Manhattan, then I know I don't have to worry about you taking anything I say wrong, and I am in no way shape or form pissed, angry, or even annoyed. Actually, your last post said what I was trying to.

Being in the "Citay", you are at the heart where a lot of stuff begins. I had just logged off another forum that seems oddly similar to this one, your even a member there, and someone went through great lengths to explain what "us young people" as he put it, do to express humor.

I have a joke I learned when I was 14 years old about 14 Martinis, that if I told, would find me banning myself. I am amazed how how few people have heard it, and how few understand it. Some calling me days later, unless I explain it right away. Funny thing, there are some people still posting as of yesterday on "Trololo". :)