Trix Mikados

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
While I myself don't own any, I can attest to their quality. I watched two of them back a train of 30+ cars around a return loop and back a siding at about a tie per second:thumb: This is one of them, nicely weathered, as it pulls out of the powerplant on our club layout.

Attachments

• club13 (3).JPG
    club13 (3).JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 77

Fluesheet

Jan 22, 2006
Central Ohio
shaygetz said:
While I myself don't own any, I can attest to their quality. I watched two of them back a train of 30+ cars around a return loop and back a siding at about a tie per second:thumb: This is one of them, nicely weathered, as it pulls out of the powerplant on our club layout.

Nice photo!^^

I have two and have been so pleased with their performance and looks that I don't regret the purchase price at all. I've had one of them apart (out of curiousity) and was (and continue to be) amazed at the quality of the construction and the cleverness of the engineering. The metal die castings that make up the frame and boiler (as an example) are exceedingly well done. I got a smoking deal (cost) on mine but still paid $70 more per unit - which is why I recognized this as a deal that needed to be floated to a wider audience. I'm trying to resist the urge to get another one!

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Definitely a good price compared to normal list. Nice looking loco, Bob: if I hadn't been able to fix the pulling power of my Athearns, I might have been tempted to go for a couple at that price.

Wayne