Trip Photos UP of Michigan

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Hi Guys, I just got back from a nice 4 day getaway to the upper peninsula and Copper country of Michigan.
Over the next few days I'll be posting some pictures of old mining and railroad buildings, some old railroad equipment and some operational stuff along with some scenery and building shots for those of you modeling the area or a similar freelanced type theme of logging and mining.
Heres a little tast of the area around copper harbor at the tip of the Keewenaw peninsula.:)

Attachments

• High Bluff Copper Harbor.jpg
    High Bluff Copper Harbor.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 16

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Heres another on for you scratchbuilders :)
This Home is in Calumet and was once a wealthy mining magnates residence.Many Historic buildings along the lake superior shores were built with this quarried Stone.

Attachments

• Calumet Stone House.jpg
    Calumet Stone House.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 14

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
OK, heres something a little easier for the kitbasher......can you see this made out of DPM's Modulars??

Attachments

• Painted building-Velvet Ice cream.jpg
    Painted building-Velvet Ice cream.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 13

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
OK, lets not leave out our folks who like nothing more than to model scenery to perfection.
Heres a little mix of Rock and Water for you :)

Attachments

• Amnicon Falls1.jpg
    Amnicon Falls1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 16

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
What is the story with the depot? Why is it all boarded up

The place was gutted by fire about 10 years ago.They have been looking for the funds to rebuild it historically correct. While they havent reached thier goal yet, they have collected 2 million dollars in donations and grants and will be beginning restoration very soon :)

They have a Soo Decapod from 1900 under a roof on display across the street from the depot.I took a picture but because of the roof etc the shadows made for a very poor photo. It didnt make the cut :(

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Thanks for those photos Andrew. Brings back memories of my lunch time wanderings when I was working downtown.
At least there are those interested in restoring that wonderful depot Tileguy. Many places would have torn it down after the fire.