trinity n mh servo pack , comp electronic turbo ch

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by rc10gt3jimbo, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

ok i got a blue 5 cell trinity nmh servo pack, and i have a competition electronics turbo charger,,, can i set the comp ele turbo charger to charge nmh as well as the nicad i know it works on ,, and if so what settings should i use i used to have a intelipeak charger for the servo pack but dont have it ne mroe . i have 2 nickle metalhrdride bateries 1 3300 race pack, and the servo pack, how do i charge these with out blowing them up on my turbo charger

if pictures of the charger and bateries can help u to help me , let me know
  2. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

okif your charger is not specifically designed for nimh then u can charge it but if you over ehat it youll ruin it. the charger i have isnt so im going to charge my 5 cell trinity servo pack with it on 1.5 amps for about 15 mins, theni can check it and safley charge it (though to safley charge it you cant fully charge it
    just thought id pass my answer on to you guys seeing as i answered it faster then i got a reply
  3. mastmec

mastmec Member

Does your charger have adjustable peak detection? If so set it to 0.02 - 0.03 volts (6-cell pack). Your five cell pack should be charged at 1 amp & set peak detection to 0.02 volts or 25mv. Sometimes my servo packs take up to 45 mins to fully charge @ 1 amp.
  4. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

im not sure, its a baby competition electronics, can set number fo cells, and cycle them , and set amps,
  5. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

how do you recharge a reciever pack?
  6. mastmec

mastmec Member

You should charge your RX batteries depending on their capacity, ie. 1100mah battery charge up to 1.1amp untill it peaks. For 1200mah battery, charge up to 1.2 amps and so on. Or you can charge at a lower amp rate for a longer peroid of time. Whatever the pack's capacity, divide it by the charge rate (converted to milliamps), and you'll have an accurate estimate of how long it will take to charge a dead battery. Maximum charge rates for most Ni-Cd and NiMH receiver batteries = one times capacity, e.g., a 1000mAh pack should be charged at no more than 1000ma (or 1 amp)
    The whole process becomes less safe once the charge rate exceeds the packs capacity.
  7. monsterrcbuilder04

so how do i connect it to a recharger? the connecter is a lot smaller than the tamia connectors on the charger
  8. mastmec

mastmec Member

Go to the LHS and get a pigtail to fit your connector @ the battery and your charger, and wire them together, make an addapter, maybe you can find one premade at the LHS.
  9. monsterrcbuilder04

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.