trinity motor

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by Wvamateur, Jan 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wvamateur

Wvamateur Member

is the trinity P2k2 pro stock motor fast? what else should i go with instead for a basher seeking higher speeds
  2. timrock

timrock Active Member

3. Aussie_in_NJ

Aussie_in_NJ New Member

what about torque? if your a basher you'll probably want more than a quad wound motor will give you. try the trinity speed gem pros or other doubles, or by a P94, D5, or D6 (if you have a lot of cash)for my HPI RS4 MT i'm getting a trinity speed gem pro 15 turn double [these are probably your best bet because they ar'nt to expensive and have adjustable timing and ball bearings

speed gem pros gem pro&FVPROFIL=

P94 &FVSEARCH=trinity P-94&FVPROFIL=

D5 &FVSEARCH=trinity D5&FVPROFIL=

D6 &FVSEARCH=trinity D6&FVPROFIL= &search=Go

if you are short on cash there are also the trinity monsers of touring but i dont know if they are any good

hope this helps
  4. timrock

timrock Active Member
    this motor has more torque but costs more.if you are short on the cash,get the one i suggest before.if you need more toque just compromise the gearing.
    those motors that Aussie suggests are good exept for the Mosters Of Touring motor.they dont have ball bearings nor adjutible timing.the speed secrets motor does.
  5. Wvamateur

Wvamateur Member

im mainly looking for speed. but what will more torque do for me?
  6. Wvamateur

Wvamateur Member

also, i dont know anything about adjusting timing or anything with it.
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

they come with the timing set already so you dont have to worry about that.more toque means stronger twisting out of the shaft.RPM is how fast it is twisting/reving.(rpm=Revs Per Minute)
    if you put a smaller pinion gear on the motor you will have more torque coming out of the drive wheels but the wheels wont spin as fast giving you more acceleration but less top speed.
  8. Wvamateur

Wvamateur Member

coo. thanks for the help
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.