Tribute to O. Winston Link, sort of...

Lackawanna Jim

Greetings all; here is an image I took this evening and realized it would make a neat tribute to O. Winston Link. Different railroad (although the EL was controlled by the N & W during the Dereco era), but I think it has the flavor... I will try another tomorrow with better lighting; I had to edit the background on this one to make it all black, like the night sky...

Jim :)

Attachments

• resize of owl 1a.jpg
    resize of owl 1a.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 127
beautiful...I always loved Link's photos with the trains kind of lurking in the background. Very nice Jim.:cool: :cool: :cool:

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

Lackawanna Jim

Thanks guys!

You're all right - a crescent moon is exactly what this little scene needs- that would really fill in that big blank spot. Stay tuned for another attempt.

Jim:)

Neat foto.
But I have to comment also on the buildings and vehicles. Your buildings look like they're really sitting on foundations that are really planted in the ground. And the vehicles look like the real thing, rather than toylike as so many appear.
The entire scene is really excellent.
BillS

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
That's terrific! Very much in the spirit of the original work! That blacked out sky is a clever idea.
Ralph

spitfire

Wow! Some people around here just ask for the moon, don't they? LOL!

cheers
Val

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 55

Lackawanna Jim

Thanks again, all, for the nice comments... This was just a quick shot, that begged to get this treatment...

Val - That is awesome! Thanks for the revision!

Now I'm scoping out other places on the layout for "night" shots!!! :D :D :D

Jim