Tri Axle Dump trucks?

Alan Bickley

Dec 22, 2003
Bicester, Oxford, UK
Visit site
Off the top of my head, Norscot makes a Caterpillar dumper at a reasonable price. For a bit more money, I believe that Motorart do a similar example by Volvo. I'm not too sure about exact prices or availability, but I'm sure someone who does will come along!
Hope that helps, Al.

slagpot

Jul 11, 2006
Beaufort,SC
What scale and era would help ? HO scale Athearn mack tri-axle dump trucks 50's or 60's. Trying to think of other companys that produce dump truck models.

Patrick
Beaufort,SC
Dragon River Steel Corp {DRSC}

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
AAHHHH, DHSDiecast, one of my favorite sites!!

I don't know what era you are looking for but here is a few web sites that have them:

tri-axle dump trucks:
Be sure to check out DHSdiecast too.

These are the 5 sites that have mostly what I have as far as dump trucks go

crabster

Nov 7, 2006
Thanks guys!

Thanks guys. Yup I'm looking for HO models hence the posting in the HO forum :thumb:

Now I could've sworn I checked promotex before. What I am looking for specifically is modern day tri-axles for coal hauling, the dump with the "helper" axle, which is all you see these days down in Clinchfield (CSXT) country. And actually that's pretty much all you see on paving jobs and dirt hauling anymore. Athearn is pricey and Boley is good, they just don't have the helper axle. I guess it would have to be bashed.

Thanks again!

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
Thank's Cat. I had to go chang my shirt because it was sopping wet in drool from that site. I forgot all about it but it looks like that have done some major updating. One day I'll get around to making my Freightliner FLD 120's from Jacob's models.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Ok, now I know what you are talking about, you mean 4 axles, one of which is a lift axle.

Example:
baker.jpg

The only company that I know that has these are Promotex and it is on a Mack CH 613 and has a sleeper and cutting off the fifth wheel. That can easly be removed simply by popping it off and using a hobby knife to cut the fifth wheel off and then a dump body can be mounted. If you don't want macks, you will have to take the cab off the chassis (again, simply pop it off) and put your own cab on it, which may require some kitbashing to do. I love Macks and I would use the mack cab and just add the dump body, but you may have a different opinion and want to use another cab such as a Peterbilt, Kenworth......

Here is a pic of the lift axle mack

and can be found here:
http://www.promotex.ca/provisioner/catalogue/index.php?SearchFormSubmitted=true&SearchText=lift+axle

Here are the dump bodies available from promotex:
http://www.promotex.ca/provisioner/catalogue/index.php?AdminSearch=&SearchFormSubmitted=true&SearchText=dump

Also, Boley make coal dump trucks, they have a tall dump body wall to allow for larger loads of coal but they are only 3 axles and do not have a lift axle. You might be able to modify a lift axle in it but I have never done something like that to a boley truck so I couldn't tell you if it is easy or not, sorry. Here is a pic of a Boley Coal Dump Truck:
4015-26.jpg

and the link to the page, there are GMC and International 4900 models available:
http://www.dept187.com/search.php?key=coal

Hope this helps you out some.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
KCS said:
Thank's Cat. I had to go chang my shirt because it was sopping wet in drool from that site. I forgot all about it but it looks like that have done some major updating. One day I'll get around to making my Freightliner FLD 120's from Jacob's models.

I havn't been there is a while either and I noticed something new that I want really really bad now, the Lumber Delivery Truck with Crane made by Collection Signature Models, a brand new company in Canada. Here is a pic of the beautiful model:
csm87525_lg.jpg

Price is a little high, $79.95, but I like it.

Hey KCS, I'd love to see your Freighliner FLD's when you get around to building them. Let me know how they go together. I always wanted some of those nice looking models but have stuck with promotex models for now. How many do you have?

jbaakko

Jun 25, 2006
San Diego, CA
rr.blockchoice.com
You can allways search eBay for the 5 axle Walthers/Magnuson coal truck. I have one myself. If you're looking for the newer hydralic floater on the rear, it'll have to be bashed, but you can start with the Boley mixers!