Transportation for modules

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Here are five 2x4 foot frames test-fitted into my 1995 VW Golf.

The one on top is a "mock-up, and not quite the final dimensions - it needs to be wider. It will receive a cover to protect the scenery and buildings.

The four along the bottom will be joined with end plates to make two sets. The end plates will be 24"x16" to allow for an 8" separation between modules. They will also have handles. Since these are freemo modules that do not require a backdrop (as per www.hotrak.ca standards), I may make side plates to increase protection for scenery, etc.

And yes, the hatch does close - all the way ;)

Andrew

Attachments

• vw hatch.JPG
    vw hatch.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 135

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Is there any room left for you to sit Andrew? Amazing what we can pack in to a small space. I have transported an N trak corner module in the back of my Ford Focus wagon but there wasn't much room for anything else.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Robin...

Plenty of room up front for two! I don't even have to put the seats forward at all. Here's a shot that proves I can get the hatch shut... ;)

Andrew

Attachments

• vw door.JPG
    vw door.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 138

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Chris,

The four along the bottom will be boxed into pairs with end plates. The one on the top is actually going to be wider, so will have less room to shift. I also have to get the legs in there (up to 20 legs, if each module needs four - probably more like 12 - 14 will be required), and my tool box, rolling stock, etc. There will be plenty to pack around it to make sure nothing moves!

Andrew