Translation

Looking at the 2015 Paper build catalog, A few of my builds are featured....which is nice considering i havent been building much this year.....but the attached is page 2 and 3, and I was wondering if anyone can translate for me? I've tried online translators, but I cannot retrieve the text from the pdf for translation. Thanks in advance.

DR1.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Can't you "Highlight the text, the right click "Copy", then paste into "Google translate", or a "Text File" first, then paste into the the translator of you choice. If you could send me the .pdf, I could try and pull the text out and translate it. :)

Can't you "Highlight the text, the right click "Copy", then paste into "Google translate", or a "Text File" first, then paste into the the translator of you choice. If you could send me the .pdf, I could try and pull the text out and translate it. :)

Tried that. not able to grab any of the text for some reason. the pdf is the 2015 catalog that Armorman recently posted

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
That means the page is a picture. You'd have to type it in word for word. It would take your whole life!! :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I would live to see the translation, if you wouldn't mind publishing it. Imagine if it said, "Put tab" "A" into slot "B", "Bend here", etc, just really fancy! :)

Im just curious about what it says.....it could be a little paragraph about the history of Paper modeling, or something about me, or it could just be a simple index. either way, my curiosity is perked, and if he answers, ill certainly share.

Chris74

Well, until the author will reply... I've been trying a translation using my poor knowledge in Russian (I can read Russian letters/words, but do not understand their meaning, let's say in common spoken Russian can understand some like 3 out of 10 words in a proposition). I am not familiarized with Warhammer, as well. :D Also those Gothic styled letters were really bothering me, because there's already the false correspondence of some Latin and Kirillic letters (for example, Latin 'H' is 'N' in Russian alphabet, the Latin 'C' is 'S' and so on) - and especially due to some similar letters like 'ь' and 'ъ', 'ш' and 'щ' which in Gothic fonts are really hard to distinguish etc.
Here's a raw translation of the first page:
Easy rusty fixtures in the hands of a Space Marine becomes punishing Crozius. A pile of garbage in the iron clutches of orcs - Wart -korablёm tanks. plain paper in the hands of the creatively-minded person can turn into a masterpiece - not inferior in quality most realistic painted miniatures. This will get - if merge paper model with one of the most interesting fantasy universes ...
Welcome to the world of WARHAMMER 40,000 - Papercraft.

That 'korablem tanks' I think means some like 'ship-tanks', 'korablem' is plural for 'ship', as far as I know.
The second page tells something about 'the cult of mechanics or the cult of machines' and something about the Emperor/Imperator, and the final lines are some kind of sayings (those under the skull symbol). Here's the first two.
"life is a controlled movement."
"the spirit is the spark of life."

Sorry I hadn't patience to translate the second page, the first took me more than an hour. Anyway, Rick, unfortunately they don't say anything about you, I would have noticed a "дентед Рик" there. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
That is very impressive. I could not go past the first word, and Cryllic and Russian just confuse the heck out of me. ;)

Chris74

No problem, sir. There's a million things I don't have a clue how to do - and this situation doesn't even bother me :D

So "дентед Рик" is Dented Rick? Interesting :) Anyway, I was just curious about what it said. Since it was my model featured on that page, maybe a small part of me was hoping it was about me, but honestly I was more curious about the content rather than any kudos :)

Thanks buddy

Im finding my models featured on alot of sites lately.....Goggling "Dented Rick" in images brings up quite a few.

Thanks for the help

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
You shouldn't be surprised. You models are as good as they can be built. Recognition was bound to follow. Your models have no doubt helped many people figure out how to build areas that were giving them trouble. I imagine there are many who are saying, "Thanks Dented Rick" for the help!". :)

You shouldn't be surprised. You models are as good as they can be built. Recognition was bound to follow. Your models have no doubt helped many people figure out how to build areas that were giving them trouble. I imagine there are many who are saying, "Thanks Dented Rick" for the help!". :)

The spotlight was never my forte. I just love building.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
A collection of people admiring good workmanship is a natural process. Someone getting a blown up ego is exposing a character flaw that is so far from you, the Dented Rick I have talked too, and come to know, that I can understand you being uncomfortable with it. As time goes by, and people start to read what you have posted, they will discover a brilliant, approachable person at the other end, and the world will be off that much better for it. :)