Transformers Movie!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by paper-toys, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vader111

vader111 New Member

i really liked the third movie, because i really loved the 4 engined helicopters from it
  2. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

That tends to happen when you call the director a hack in public. :wink:
  3. Szdfan

Szdfan Member

It was more than that...she referred to Michael Bay as a "Hitler." Both Bay and executive producer Steven Spielberg are Jewish. From what I read, Bay wasn't offended, but Spielberg was and had her fired.
  4. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

It's still an idiotic idea for a B- or C-list star to bad-mouth anyone in the executive department of movie making, especially if the film or TV series you're in isn't finished yet.
  5. Szdfan

Szdfan Member

Agreed. :mrgreen:
  6. tonyzabler

tonyzabler New Member

Transformers is a American science fiction action movie director by Micheal bay. The first movie was released in 2007. It have very interesting and my favorite action movie. The main characters are amazing. I have like also transformers: ravenge of the fallen(2009) and transformers:dark of the moon(2011). All series are very famous.
  7. red_hoplite

red_hoplite New Member

I loved the first movie, the second and the third one was meh... :(
  8. WuLongTi

WuLongTi Web Ninja

Sigh... You guys know that Transformers didn't start w/ that movie in 2007 right? Transformers has a rich mythology full of interesting characters, originating with the Transformers Cartoon and toy line in 1984. The Bay movies (IMHO) did an injustice to the Transformers in that the robots themselves were little more than props and plot devices for the US Military to work around. :/

Now, after saying that, do not be fooled into thinking that I am one of those "If it's not G1 then it's crap!" types of Trans-Fans; for I am not. I think that the Bay movies did a lot to move the franchise forward and it certainly pumped fresh $$ into the franchise to allow them to do more venturous things. The movies also forced great strides in the engineering of the Transformers toys allowing for fantastic robot toys with articulation the likes of which we've only seen in non-transforming toys.

I have mixed feelings about the designs of the robots in the film. I think that they are just too busy for film. During fight scenes it was very difficult to tell what was going on. Did Bumblebee throw a punch or a knee? are they wrestling or dancing? Just what "body part" are we looking at right now? If you dial back the detail level and cut down on all the constantly moving parts I think there are some winners to be had. I really like the look of BumbleBee with his mask down and Optimus looks like he's ready to kick some @$$. Skids and Mudflap, on the other hand, look like they fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

The new series on the HUB has me singing a different tune though. Transformers: Prime has to be the best TF series to date. It has rich characters with compelling back stories, the bots are fully realized and wonderfully designed. The action is top notch and the animation is fantastic. The story lines are not afraid to go to some darker places either, which great for those of us that are above the age of 7.

*steps off of soap box*

OK, carry on. Oh, for those interested I'm working on hunting down 3D models of characters from Transformers: Prime in order to make paper models from them. Anyone willing to help me on this journey is welcome :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.