Transformers costumes

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by youngku, Jul 24, 2013.

1. youngku

youngku New Member

Hey everyone,

I got into a rhythm about 6 years ago and decided to make my son a transformer for Halloween. I use cardboard, hot glue, zip ties, velcro, and spray paint. I know it's not really papercraft per se, but I wanted to share these nonetheless. Let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

2. youngku

youngku New Member

Second batch of Transformer costume photos

Here is the second batch of photos.

Attached Files:

3. youngku

youngku New Member

Third batch of Transformer costume photos

Here are his final costume photos!

Attached Files:

4. Rogerio Silva

Rogerio Silva Active Member

Fantastic outfits, man! Your kid must've been pretty happy, and you too, of course.
  5. youngku

youngku New Member

Thank you! He was always the kid who everyone wanted to see and get pictures of, that's for sure! He wasn't too happy walking around in the costumes though, they are always very bulky! It's something I'm trying to fix.
  6. Rogerio Silva

Rogerio Silva Active Member

After seeing your work, I'm pretty sure you'll pull that off. Keep up the great work!
  7. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

Those are FANTASTIC costumes!!!
    You did an AMAZING JOB!!!
    I am sure your son is quite the popular kid in the neighborhood for having a dad that makes such COOL costumes.

8. Danscrew

Danscrew Danscrew

That's very cool !

Sadly I'm not a child any more :mrgreen:

Full great gob !
  9. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

That rocks, man! Fantastic work! It must have been a joy to wear those costumes, especially Optimus. Wow! Great work!
  10. vulcan8630

vulcan8630 Member

Great things can be done with paper......Wonderful costumes and wonderful papercraftmanship!
  11. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

This has to be one of the most inspiring thread. Seeing all those kids, and boy, they look really happy!! Kudos to you Youngku for a fantastic event and the joy you so obviously spread. :)
  12. youngku

youngku New Member

Thank you all so much for your appreciation!

Thank you everyone! It's one of the few things I take a lot of pride in! It takes many, many hours and is only used for about 2 hours of trick or treating 1 day a year, but seeing the looks on peoples faces, hearing the compliments, and getting my son's picture taken make it all so worth it!