Transformers, again...

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by OylPslyk, Aug 27, 2006.

1. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

As I am now getting DAILY requests from my son to scour the internet for more info about the new Transformers movie, I am now once again renewing my quest to find T-formers models.

As my avatar may clue you(I always admired Starscreams ambition!:twisted: ), I have always loved t-formers., but have never found any models, except for a pic of a completed devastator model somewhere.

Has noone ever tackled this?
  2. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

3. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Does anyone know the whereabouts of Mr Washington's excellent optimus prime model, his old website died and its not on the new one.
  4. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

If noone know of any existing models then when I finally finish my nx-trekship, I may just take a break from that whole project to build a large-scale model that actually transforms of either Convoy or Starscream. Maybe even do convoy with the trailer, and another autobot to ride inside...
  5. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

This is the best I can do.
  6. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

Attached Files:

7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Haha ... they actually look good. More more!!!
  8. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

I will. I'm getting some time off from work so probably do several more. I have a lot of requests form people at work for others but advised them I can only build one of each as that is all I have printed out. Starscream is in my list Blaster(the autobot counterpart to soundwave). Jetfire, which actually needs some cleaning up before building the designer must have had a2 year old draw the graphics. the overall shap is fine but the graphics need to be cleaned up. All the models by different designers. I think I have some more by Masamune. I'll post more pics as I finish them and borow the pda from a friend to take pics as not sure where my digital camera is.
  9. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

Okay you asked for it. "It's bigger, It's badder, it's too much for Mr. Incredible to handle......." Sorry had to my daughter has watch the Incredibles too many times this week. and it's only tuesday.

Soundwave that kicks butt.
    View attachment 5796

Size comparison. the first one or normal size next to "Super Soundwave"
    View attachment 5799

The guy I built this big one for had a big one in his pants when he saw it. I told him he needed to back away very slowly and sit down. Poor guy his wife wouldn't let him take it home as she thought his daughter would squash it. So now he has to spend more time at work to drool over it or whatever it is he does behind that desk.

Of course you can't have megatron without "STARSCREAM"
    View attachment 5800

Thrust is next
    View attachment 5801

If anyone is wondering that is one of my GT 90 test builds in the background that I didn't finish. Didn't need to as there was an issue with the graphics lining up when the parts are curved correctly, this is going to be worked on. Also I built all of these models at work since I don't have to do much to get paid these days and now since I just got a major promotion, I'll be able to build more. I love my job doing support work for data systems. When you maintain everything more than required fewer things go down. No one bothers you and you have more time to do less. And build more.

Attached Files:

10. xyberz

xyberz Member

Hey Scorpion, the picture that you posted of the truck for Optimus Prime is completely different then the one in the upcoming movie.

11. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

That's the pic I got straight from the movie site forum. Unless they are changing it again. wouldn't be to hard since it is cg anyway.

And, if it's diffetent, that means that I'll have to stop where I'm at on my prime truck version I'm working on. I want to get it right with what they are using. Beside the one I posted is the same one in thetrailer also. Who know the director did say when first asked about the movie almost 2 years ago he would have lots of surprises. Maybe this is one of them.

Here's, The link to the trailer download. I didn't post a link to the regular site as the link doesn't pop correctly.
  12. xyberz

xyberz Member

I got those pictures from this site

I know it's not the official website, but it seems like they are really into Transformers also. So I figured those guys would have the latest buzz from the movie when they come out.

There's even a Quicktime movie showing the transformation from truck to robot. Also it's titled CGI Test, so who knows if it's gonna be the right one. But I'm assuming that what ever we saw in the trailer should be the right one as it doesn't make sense to go ahead and make it look completely different.

Maybe a design of both? :twisted:
  13. Alejandr0

Alejandr0 New Member

Actually the pic that scorpion has is the correct one, the one that xyberz posted comes from a very talented guy at ....

He is some kind of 3d artist.

Very nice 3d rendering of it.... looks very professional looking. I can clearly see how it can be mistaken as the one from the upcoming movie. the one from the movie will be more like this...

Attached Files:

14. xyberz

xyberz Member

That's a real shame. I like that guy's rendition of Optimus Prime. It seems more true to what the original is like.

It seems that the transformers in the new movie are too sharp looking. So many points and the originals were pretty much blocky, but still lovable.

Hopefully the movie doesn't make a mockery of the original.

They have some high standards to live up to, at least with me they do.

I do love the fact that there's the new Camaro in there. Kinda weird that they used that to replace BumbleBee. He was da man as a Volks Bug.
  15. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

The way I understand it from those moreinto the movie info and what's going on they didn't use any of the original shaps due to copyright. VW said flat no to using new bug for bumble bee. and not only that gm stepped up and thats why there is a hummer and camaro, ford stepped up and thats why there is the special series police mustang. Which I would gladly take off their hands. Basically the old versions couldn't be used. And they where trying to update it to todays vehicles. Gotta capture that new audience for the new line of toys and stuff. And besides the vehicles that they use as a basis to change into thir new forms are diffent also. Remember they didn't look like Earth vehicles when they first started out.
  16. xyberz

xyberz Member

Makes a lot of sense.

Too bad for the original vehicle makers that the Transformers were modeled after. They could have had free publicity for their vehicles, even though they're old now.

I think that the film might be a little bit better if it were the original Transformers that we all grew up and learned to love.

It was cool that BumbleBee was a Bug, StarScream a F-15, Optimus an old school big rig. Such a shame, would have loved to see the originals as 3D animated bots.

Oh well, still better than nothing as this movie was long overdue.
  17. goney3

goney3 Member

Is it just me, or does the new Optimus Prime look a LOT like Megas XLR?

Maybe the movie strayed a bit from the original eh? ;)

18. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

Actually yeah kind of nice coincidence.