Transformation my French longboat from 1:48 to 1:72 scale.

Hi everybody.

I present you transformation my French longboat from 1:48 to 1:72 scale. This action require redevelopment body of longboat and it assembling technology.
Frames became to 0.8x0.8 mm strips and they lie on frame templates. It is rather difficulty describe, but easy to show:
Patterns:

Details:

Slip:

Frame and Template:

Template with frame erected on slip:

All templates with frames installed on slip:

Now is body skin. There are 15 planks for each side of body. Later on it will be cut by laser equipment. Now I have made it by hands, razor and student’s template. I was a student a long long time ago…..

Finally - skin is have made.

Let’s go on. Now it is time to remove a boat hull from a slip. Set of picts to your attention:

And I am publishing photos about inside fitting boat hull. You can see installing apron, keelson, rising and bottom boards left and right board and stern cockpit.

So, photos here:

PaperAir, thank you a lot.
I continue publishing photos about inside fitting boat hull. You can see installing thwarts in the middle of the hull. This hard process takes a big patience….
So, photos here:

Next step is preparing laser cut for this kit. To be continued...

Now is last stroke or final photo session for your attention. This is complete model of long boat. The job is done!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Beautiful!! What an elegant, sturdy looking craft! She looks very stout and seaworthy! :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
That is really excellent!! They really go good together!! I wonder why? :)