Transformable voltron model

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by voltron5, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Yikes!!! We are not worthy!!!

One of the BEST robot models currently!!!

Looks like I'm more tempted now to make one for the Free Models 4 Contest!!! :twisted:
  2. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hello All,

I finally got to finish my Blue Lion up enough to assemble Voltron :D I had to build the body and head of the Blue Lion twice to get it all right :p I cursed myself by saying "oh yeah now that I got the body squared away the head will be easy". Those with experience know what an amatur mistake saying that was :p

I just need to get the lages on the Blue, Yellow, and Green Lions and it'll be done minus the Sword.

V5, how's the Sword coming along anyway :D ?

Attached Files:

3. voltron5

voltron5 Member

Your build looks absolutely amazing G1, hopefully mine looks half as good once I get around to actually building the finished model. I haven't worked on the sword yet:cry: I'll get that done today..promise:mrgreen:

4. youngmark78

youngmark78 New Member

Is there a small black lion
  5. Bradley

Bradley New Member

Are you going to make shield too?

Are you going to make the star shield too?
  6. voltron5

voltron5 Member

No, I know that I was releasing them in small and large scales but there were so many problems and customization with the black lion after the 3d model was unfolded that I would have to start all over from the unfolding process to do that, and frankly I'm pretty burnt out on lion voltron at the moment. Case in point, I promised(sorry guys) the other day to get the blazing sword done but once I started on it I found myself going ooh! I just thought of a good idea to do on Vehicle Voltron then I'd go back to that and forget about the blazing sword. It just isn't holding my attention at the moment, but unless someone else gets fed up and decides to do one themselves I will make one eventually (probably when Vehicle Voltron is done, or at least the Land Team)
  7. Bradley

Bradley New Member

Scan of sword.

Here is a scan of original sword off my voltron. Just print twice and layer it and it would do for a temporary one.
  8. Bradley

Bradley New Member

Here again.

Trying again for sword.

Attached Files:

9. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Nice 'bot there sir Getter!!! Just AWESOME!!! bounce7
  10. Zack Savior

Zack Savior New Member

Hi There voltron 5 nice job there, but all the rapidshare link error can you upload it again.
    and the missing part to
  11. supermangt94

supermangt94 New Member

the voltron looks great, I used to have the metal and plastic model as a kid, would be great to have one around again....
  12. jonesy

jonesy New Member

looking good
  13. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

hey guys does any one have the pdo files for this model so i can start building it lol cheers
  14. nevets

nevets New Member

just couris has any body tired to make the lions larger?
  15. Chuckwood0077

Chuckwood0077 New Member

Hey can anyone out there give me a link that works or point me in the direction where I can get instructions for this model I tried yhe megaupload link and the other ones listed and get no where would like to build this model but need sone kind of instruction since they aren't labeled
  16. voltron5

voltron5 Member

Thought I should post this here. I am in the process of remodeling these. You can see the thread here.

Attached Files:

17. voltron5

voltron5 Member

Attached Files:

18. voltron5

voltron5 Member

Sorry for the triple post.

Was able to finish up the templates earlier than expected.

Classic Voltron Black Lion Papercraft 2012

There are some fiddly little parts on the rear legs where the negative extrusions are. I just ended up cutting pieces and filling in the area so its just layered instead of extruded. Now I didn't change them in the 3d file because I figured just because I can't build that part doesn't mean the next person can't. I'm not much of a builder anyhow (bores me to death sometimes darn ADD[​IMG]) I absolutely love the modeling process though, I love seeing something come together and start to form a shape right before your eyes.
  19. Dazz

Dazz New Member

What happened to your Voltron files? They're no longer available. The PDO/PDF files of each lion and the combined robot were all downloaded to a flash drive, it corrupted and I lost the entire papercraft project. I have no backups of the files. Could you please repost the PDOs/PDFs?