Transformable voltron model

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by voltron5, Apr 26, 2008.

1. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Voltron 5 <--- Good to hear your all right , i feel on that scope i had it done 5 months back
    i have acid refex bad i 'am on med for it now , But i'am 2 year from a scope in the other end , My farther had coloncancer they remove his insides and he had a bag

I not look forward to that all :(
  2. Bradley

Bradley New Member

Hows the black lion going?

Are you about done with the black lion? I'm getting giddy thinking about building the complete set. I can hardly wait to put it beside my original toy on display.
  3. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey V5,

I guess you still can't recieve files from me yet??? so I'll post the pics I tried to send you here.

I have the right side feet completed and I sorted how I wanted to get the arms to attach. Just need to build the other feet and wings and the Black Lion notations will be complete.

Sorry for the slow progress latlely it's been a rough couple of weeks :p

Attached Files:

4. voltron5

voltron5 Member

G1, your build just keeps looking better and better every time I see it. The only thing I don't like when I look at it is the face, and that's just the design itself and nothing to do with your build. I am thinking I might go back and remodel the face to give it a more rounded shape. I can't wait to see this guy standing on his own:mrgreen: I still have to do the blazing sword yet, so Ill try to knock the new face and the sword out this weekend.
  5. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

I was going to ask if the sword would be made :D
  6. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Voltron 5 You the man !!!

Were not worthy !!

Just wondering on if any if you start design on the other voltron ??
    or are you putting it off for a while , and takeing a break do to be ill
    after this one done??
  7. Bradley

Bradley New Member

Looking good.

I just slobbered on my self. Its looking really good to me. I love the way its turning out. Can hardly wait but I guess I'll have to. Keep up the good work.
  8. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hello all,

I've finished the test build minus one wing to go and reported all finidings to V5 so it shouldn't be long now :D

In the mean time here's a shot of the lion's in their current sate in formation.

Attached Files:

9. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Looks like we have a possible candidate for the Free Models 4 contest!!! :twisted:

BTW... my request maybe kinda annoying, but can someone post again the links for all of the 5 lions? Thanks!!! :-D

This looks like a good partner for sir Getter's Voltes V!!!
  10. voltron5

voltron5 Member

Hey Hans, thanks for the kind words. I would love for someone to enter this into the free model contest, but that's just me dreamin, do you have to have instructions as a requirement to enter it? If so maybe I will make up some instructions.:mrgreen:

No problem at all requesting the links, that's what were here for, to help each other out when we need it.:thumb: The links are all on the first page actually, but I have added them to the bottom of my post. I will be updating the thread with the link for the black lion a little later today, just finalizing the black lion before it gets pdf'd(is that a word?):confused: then I will compile them all into one pdf. I will upload the black lion seperate for those that already have the others and an all in one pdf for those that don't.

Again thanks for the kind words:wave:

Rapidshare Red Lion

Rapidshare Green Lion

Rapidshare Yellow Lion

Rapidshare Blue Lion-link updated 7/14/08- found missing parts

Fish4Files Red Lion

Fish4Files Green Lion

Fish4Files Yellow Lion

Fish4Files Blue Lion-link updated 7/14/08- found missing parts
  11. voltron5

voltron5 Member

sorry for the double post, I will be releasing the black lion today but the sword will be released at a later date(few days to a week,but it will get done) mainly because I haven't had the chance to model it yet and so I can be done with the bulk of this model, with just the sword left to go I can start to focus on the vehicle voltron model and finish up with optimus and megatron hopefully(not really liking the way megs built up, some parts might be confusing to others)

Haven't said yet (didn't want to make this all about me) but the reason why the building slowed so much is I lost my job about 3 weeks to a month ago and have been with the kids during the day(stay at home dad for now) and I have 2 boys, age 2(terrible 2's:cry:) and another boy almost 4 months, so needless to say they take up alot of my time, modeling time got cut down to maybe 2 hours a night and weekends that the wife don't have plans for us. Oh well that's life, best thing to do is be positive about it and look at it as a change for the better cause it prompted me to buy my union card and now have a job prospect starting at $31.00 an hour (bricklayers union), but that's if they call.
  12. Hans Christian

wow... that's not good news sir... We hope you'll find a new, and better job...

About the Free Models 4 contest, I don't recall mentioning any need for an instruction manual, especially now that the contest allows modifications to the models being entered, provided that the model being built is free :-D

Regards to your family sir, and again we all hope you'll settle your current situation on a better note :-D
  13. Hans Christian

If nobody's gonna build it for the contest (currently), if my time permits, I'll give it a try!!! bounce7

BTW, I just learned a few minutes ago from Wikipedia that only one person created both Voltron and Voltes V... I forgot his name though... :-D
  14. voltron5

voltron5 Member

Black Lion release

Rapidshare Black Lion
    Fish4Files Black Lion

Rapidshare Voltron Papermodel
    Megaupload Voltron Papermodel

Well guys here it is, myself and Getter1 worked out as many of the errors as possible it's a bit of a tough build, but worth it.:thumb:

Enjoy all and as always I would love to see some build threads. I also decided not to lock the completed pdf. because I would love to see how (if anybody wants to)people modify and improve upon the model.

A big thank you goes out to Getter1 for all of his contributions to making this papermodel possible, Thank you bud:mrgreen: And a thank you to everybody else for your positive support:wave:.

p.s. the sword will follow in a few days to a few weeks at the most.

15. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Nicely done.
  16. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Is there a pdo for the black lion ???
  17. voltron5

voltron5 Member

I'll put it up here, but like the others it's just for a build aid. I had to do alot of recoloring and part mirroring, as well as the custom parts made by Getter1.
  18. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

19. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey V5,

Sorry to hear bout he job situation :( Things will get better soon I'm sure of it :D

You're very welcome for the assistance :D It was a pleasure building such an Icon. I'm really looking forward to seeing the vehicle Voltron now since this one has turned out so well.

It's definently a tough build in spots but as you said well worth it :D

Congrats on such a great model. Hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did.

20. loudog49

loudog49 Member

Beautiful model, Voltron5 :thumb:. Those legs and feet on the lions are so nicely detailed. Those lion faces are superb. Just love it. I can almost hear the theme music now. . .brings back nice memories of childhood.:mrgreen: