Transformable voltron model

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by voltron5, Apr 26, 2008.

1. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

any chance you can make the PDO's completed unfold and recolored so that people do not have to do them, themselves as a lot of people do not know how to use pepakura.

Progress it looking excellent, keep up the great work
  2. voltron5

voltron5 Member

Attached Files:

3. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Help :(

Great work on these loins can't wait to the black lion !!

But is there and way of posting a way of seeing how the legs go together
    i''ve run it to problum glueing the wrong parts in to place .. i 've had to reprint the legs out again for the red lion

if any one can help that would be great

i've try looking at the old toy voltron i have... but their more paper part's then the metal one has :(
  4. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey V5,

That's great :D Keep em coming :D

Mind if I post a pic of my Green Lion Build?

5. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Did you look at the pics I posted of the Red Lion build? I got several shots of the legs in progress in there :)

If those don't help then where are you having trouble?

6. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Hey Voltron,

Great progress here! Well done! ;)
  7. voltron5

voltron5 Member

Hey G1, I'd love to see more pics of the green lion. I sent ckstyles the betabuild files for the green lion but never heard back from him so I think it would be good for everyone else to see your build(which is another beautiful build by the way:mrgreen:)

I would like to do instructions but not really sure how to go about it. How does Jan rukr the Aliens papercraft guy do his instructions, I would love to be able to do something like that. I suppose I could release the original pdo that I did for the red lion but don't laugh when you see it. It's a mess, when I started this model I was just starting to learn how to use 3d modeling programs and didn't realize I could use paste in place to make the model come together right when I imported several pdo files into pepakura, so keep in mind the 3d model is a bit jumbled around but if you need to you can just turn off each object as your building. I had to import the model a few times due to flipped faces so the file size is kinda big, like 6MB. Hope this helps. The second link is the pdo for the green lion

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
  8. voltron5

voltron5 Member

Hey thanks skupilkinson I appreciate the comments. I am following your bumblebee camaro thread with baited breath, I am so ready to build that model. the camaro has been my favorite car since I was 6. Wouldn't happen to need another beta-builder would ya:twisted:
  9. Master-Bruce

:D Thanks very much! I appreciate that. As for a beta builder, I'm afraid there's not too much point anymore for the 2009 Camaro. Paul and Nothing are doing great jobs! Nothing is pretty much nearing the end.

However, I would be looking for builders for the '77 Camaro version of BumbleBee soon. ;)

Keep up the great work buddy.
  10. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hello all,

Here's my build of the Green Lion :D

V5 So far this model has been a pleasure to build. The legs are tricky but nothing I can't handle :p

Note I haven't built the legs for the Green Lion yet as teh work week saps my energy so I make limited progress during the week so for picture purposes I snagged the legs from the Red Lion :p

When I get the other set of legs done I'll post pics of them together.

Cant wait to get the Blue Lion :D

Oh Skip, don't look too far for those 77 Camaro builders. One is right here! I've only tried a paper car twice. The 1st a failure, the 2nd was ok but I tossed it anyway. I need more experience with em and what a better choice thant your Camaro :p

Hope everyone likes the pics :D I'll try to take better pics next time :p

Attached Files:

11. Master-Bruce

Looking sweet! Nice build Getter! :D

Thanks for the offer! I'll send the files over when I'm ready. I have some way to go yet. ;) Look forward to seeing what you do with it.
  12. Mace

Mace Member

THNX V5 for the information I'm going to give it a shot as soon as i finish the painting the babyroom :)

I really really like the builds I'm seeing......hope that I can do that to someday and impress the little one :D
  13. grifco2000

grifco2000 Member

Love these! I was a big fan of the voltron series as a child and actually still have the toy and the castle which this prompted me to dig out of the box in the shed.

Thanks for bringing back a little bit of enjoyment from my childhood!!!
  14. voltron5

voltron5 Member

Been avoiding unfolding the blue lions legs(PAIN IN THE A@#) so I decided to start building some parts for the black lion so far all I have done is the tail section. I'm going to unfold the legs today though and the model should be ready by friday, monday at the latest.:thumb:

Attached Files:

15. Trekcreations

Trekcreations EnterpriseCreations

OK, this is very exciting. I love Voltron and this looks fantastic! I own the Voltron Masterpiece edition which blows the Trendmasters version away. The articulation alone in the masterpiece is worth the price. I am looking forward to all the lions completed :)
  16. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Hey V5, sorry I can't get the RAR's open. I keep getting them corrupt. I am guessing it has something to do with the file transfer through my ISP's security. Nice one G1, I think I will sit this one out. Sorry!
  17. voltron5

voltron5 Member

Hey ckstyles no problem at all, sorry it didn't work out. I actually did send you the pdf files not zipped though, did you get them?
  18. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey CK,

Hope I didn't offend with my build of the Green Lion.

19. voltron5

voltron5 Member

Black Lions wings are done, just need to unfold. Only modeling left is the black lions head and his legs:thumb: Hate to ask but my printer ran out of ink on me today, but would anybody be willing to do a quick test build of the wings?

Attached Files:

20. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey V5,

You can send em my way :D