Trains up and running again tonight - 1st time on Atlas O

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Robindale Station, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Robindale Station

Robindale Station New Member

Hello! Well I came home from work today and found a package I ordered from WholesaleTrains . com had arrived. Inside was the Altlas O 21st Century 3-rail track which I had ordered (after having sold the Fastrack I had been using). I haven't been able to run my train for a couple of weeks, so it was nice to set things up tonight and try the new track. I'm also using a cork roadbed for the first time. I'm very pleased with the Atlas-O track. The train ran very quietly. Anyone else using the Atlas Track?

2. Geno

Geno Member

I'm using Atlas 2-rail track with a stud rail held in place by the cork roadbed :mrgreen:. Not exactly the answer you were looking for, but I've tried the 3-rail version before- smooth running track. Just not realistic- looking enough for me.

3. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

I must be weird because I just love the fast track. It has to be the best thing since sliced bread. well I know ATLAS makes some great track so I hope you get it up soon.
  4. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

I have Atlas 3 rail on cork roadbed on half of my layout and it is much quieter than the realtrax on the other half. If starting over I would go all Atlas.