trains dont always win

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by ozzy, Nov 23, 2007.

1. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

2. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

I would not like to have been that guy if he survived. He would have some explaining to do.
  3. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

CTC put 2 trains going opposite ways on the same track. If I remember right the dispatcher got fired.
  4. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

5. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

I wonder if they make you pay for the damage since it is an at fault accident?
  6. brakie

brakie Active Member

No..Two things will happen..You will lose your job or get a 30 day force vaction without pay.
  7. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

The force behind a collision like this just boggles my mind. Thousands of tons of metal at speed = astonishing kinetic energy. At least it wasn't a direct head-on. Still, what a disaster.

Do all most locos have a camera onboard these days?
  8. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

Saw this vid a few months ago- shocking!

If you look closely you will see that the engineer jumped from the loco that went through the red, just before they collided.
  9. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

Even jumping from the train seems deadly, in that you would have rolling stock coming from both directions with possible derailments and the cars could end up even with the engine if not past it.
  10. jesso

jesso Member

The most shocking thing about this accident (to me) is that both of these engines were rebuilt. (Found these on locophotos) I can't believe that they were able to salvage 4479.

Attached Files:

11. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

Isn't 4479, the loco used in the original Microsoft Train Simulator??
  12. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

I was wondering the same thing:confused:

I know, the locos looked totally wrecked!:eek:

And am I not looking right, or is the first loco in the video of the wrecks on freight car trucks?
  13. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Yes it is. I suspect that the pic was taken at or near the shop where the engine was to be rebuilt, or it was taken at the wreck location after the engine was made ready for transport to the rebuild shop. I think the original trucks with the traction motors may have been so badly damaged that they needed replacement wheels to roll it on. The engine itself does not look so badly damaged that it can't be pulled in a train to the repair facility.