train speed over switches?

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by JoeGrapes, Jun 28, 2007.

1. JoeGrapes

JoeGrapes Member

Ok, I've got most of my switch voltage poblems worked out. When I'm running the train over the main line and the normal speed it seem to run ok over the switches. When I through the switch if I don't slow way down the engine will derail. I'm running a K-line Allegheny with Lionel 072 O gauge switches. Is slowing down the SOP? Being new to this I'm still learning. Or do these switches suck? They do seem kinda sloppy when the wheels run over them. The rails are good with no visible wear.
  2. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Joe I have never had any problems with my 0-27 switches and the new Fast Track and Real Trax work great. In any event I have never had to adjust the speed and can't even think of a time I had a derailment.

Granted your talking about a 0-72 switch but I would think it should work the same. My first guess would be to watch as close as you can how your train goes over the switch. try to find out what makes everything go wrong. It can range from the switch to the train.

I hope someone can give you a better way to trouble shoot this.
  3. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

does direction make a differance?