train show

mr. bubbles

Jun 28, 2006
NH
has any one heard or gone to the big train show in springfiels boston. i went to the last one for the first time andi was amazed at how big it was. it was like 3 buildings of train mayhem.

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Hi Mr. Bubbles,
I've attended these shows for the last five years. I sign up and participate with the Northeast Ntrak group for the weekend. Over the years I have entered all my Ntrak modules in their modular display and have done real well, one first place and best of show year before last. It is a great show for us here in the Northeast many good bargains to be had and with so many dealers it almost becomes a buyers market. It is great having the weekend to look as you realy have to hoof it to cover all three buildings in a single day. This coming year, 2007, the show is on January 27 and 28th. Hope to have two new modules for the 2007 NTrak Winterfest, guess I better complete the planning stage and cut some material "PDQ". Hope to see you there next year.

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
Oh yeah, the Amherst show, in Agawam. It takes one full day just to walk through and see everything and another day to return to the points of interest, and there are a bunch. Anything and everything that has to do with MRRing is there. The modules (all scales)are great and some are just plain, WOW.:thumb:

It's well worth the trip:thumb: . Then again, it's right across the river from where I live:D , so I always seem to make it for atleast one day.

mr. bubbles

Jun 28, 2006
NH
Bill Pontin said:
Hi Mr. Bubbles,
I've attended these shows for the last five years. I sign up and participate with the Northeast Ntrak group for the weekend. Over the years I have entered all my Ntrak modules in their modular display and have done real well, one first place and best of show year before last. It is a great show for us here in the Northeast many good bargains to be had and with so many dealers it almost becomes a buyers market. It is great having the weekend to look as you realy have to hoof it to cover all three buildings in a single day. This coming year, 2007, the show is on January 27 and 28th. Hope to have two new modules for the 2007 NTrak Winterfest, guess I better complete the planning stage and cut some material "PDQ". Hope to see you there next year.
what building were you in i was with my aunts dad in the better living center but i wandered in to every building.

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Hey Mr Bubbles, the Better Living Center is the building we are located in. The NorthEast NTrak modular display is up close to one corner (corner to left of the food court). Look for the Charles Ro Company, they cover a large area and we are usually set up next to them.

Hodgy

Feb 20, 2006
Maine
Where is this Show? Is there a site that I may go to ,to get more info. Sounds like something my son and I can enjoy together. Regards Hodgy from Maine

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Amherst Model Railway Scociety Show. Or as us locals call it...The Big E show, because its held at the Big E fair grounds. Been going almost every year since 1987. (that year...It fit in the Better Living Building..with space to spare) Like zebob said, you almost need two days to see it now. One to look at the displays, the next day to buy....Highlight of the show AMRS's HO scale operating hump yard!
Yeah...Make sure your wallet is stuffed
Tip: Try the chili dogs in the Better Living Building