Train show question

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by steve in so az, Jun 18, 2002.

1. steve in so az

steve in so az New Member

Does anyone have a site (s) or other ways - to find out each year when my city ( Tucson ) will be having train shows ? Thanks for any help, Steve in so az
  2. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

I've found the best thing to do is to check your train stores, they'll usually have posters up - or check with the local clubs, they're usually pretty knowledgeable about shows in the area.

Websites are very hit and miss, and usually only talk about specific train shows. I.e., GATS will only talk about their shows; club websites usually only talk about the shows they sponsor (although the good ones mention all the ones in the area).

Just my 3.2 cents canadian.
  3. steve in so az

Thanks Mike !!!

q
  4. Vic

Vic Active Member

Trainshows

Hi Steve, I've had real good luck in locating trainshows just by going to www.google.com and typing in the words train show and the location. If its been refferenced on the I-Net Google will find it.:)
  5. steve in so az

Thanks Vic - I'll try it !

q
  6. Voice

Voice Member

Check out the Great American Train Show website...they have the schedule for the rest of this year, and the first of next year....www.gats.com

Good Luck,
    Dick
  7. steve in so az

Thanks Dick ! I'll go there now.

q
  8. brakie

brakie Active Member

Another place to look is in Model Railroader and Railroad Model Craftsman for shows in you area. :D This would be under Coming Events.
  9. steve in so az

Thanks B - I'll check that out !

q