Train show - Orange, CT

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Anyone travelling the I-95 corridor or W.Cross Pkwy through Connecticut this Sunday (Oct. 13th), and has a little time, you might want to check out our model train show. The New Haven and Derby Railroad Club is presenting its' 10th Annual show. The show is at the High Plains Community Center in Orange, CT, hours 10 AM to 4 PM. Hobby dealers and operating layouts.

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Hi Eightyeight,

No website, but think I can coach you on. I assume you will be coming down route 8. Get off route 8 in Derby, route 34. Follow route 34 west towards New Haven. On route 34 there are show signs directing you down to the High Plains Community Center on Orange Center Road. If you do get down, look me up, I will be in the room with the Valley N-Trak layout.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Thanks Bill. Yeah I'll be coming down 8. I think I went to that show a number of years ago, when I was working at Sikorsky. I think thats the same show i bought my Housatonic GP-35 at.I'm wondering if its the same one. I'll will look you up.
By the way. I have seen Valley N trak at other shows. You're usually at the Big E show aren't you?

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Eightyeight - YIKES! got you going in the wrong direction on route 34. You have to go EAST towards New Haven. Yes the Valley N-Trak does participate in the Big E show and I am looking forward to that event. This is my first show and I am rushing to complete my two four foot modules. One is 95% complete and the other is way back there. Took some time off this week to get the second one up electrically at least. The incomplete town I am modeling should be at least be a good "show and tell" for those interested.