Train Show find!

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by NYC-BKO, Jul 25, 2004.

1. NYC-BKO

NYC-BKO Member

I finally got my SW-1, found a Walthers at the Pittsburgh show today although it is minus the handrails I was told Walthers still has them if I call and ask for it. I hope!!:cry: This thing runs great for a switcher. I also got some cars, now I have enough weekend projects for a few years, haha -:p- I also got a bonus, I hit the noon lottery which covered what I spent today so I'm going again tomorrow, there were some NYC 6 pack hoppers I want and maybe I can get some ' I don't want to pack it up' bargains. Now if you'll excuse me I got some switching to do in the cool basement.:wave:
  2. NYC-BKO

NYC-BKO Member

My luck continued today, I picked up the 6 pack hoppers cheaper than they were yesterday. While I was purchasing them my name was drawn for a door prize which was a certificate towards merchandise and I weaseled my way to $25.00 Stewart NYC VO-1000 switcher with it, NIB. Then I went crazy and bought alot of cars, so I had a good weekend at the show. Lots and lots of projects now!!!!:rolleyes:
  3. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Ypu should of purchased lotto tickets too. Fred
  4. Jon Grant

Jon Grant Member

You just can't beat days like that, so I'm told.

5. Matt Probst

Matt Probst Member

Hi Brian...I share your excitement as I have had a Walthers SW-1 for several years now and like you said, it sure makes switching fun! Thanks for the post as mine has no handrails either!!! I'll be contacting Walthers soon......