Train Show Booty

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
I was at our local train show last weekend, and I was ready for some deals. The pickens were slim, compared to last year, but I did manage to get some stuff I can use.

I got a nice model of a branch line water tower. This comes with a whole whack of congregated tin for the roof and the shed. I plan to use some of my wood for the shed and shingles for the roof and save the tin for other more worthy projects. $10

For my farm scean I found an old John Deer tractor. Must be an oldy as it has steel wheels. Nice model, as it is casrt in metal. $4.50

I got a kit of a business car. Its a NMRA 50th Anniversary kit, but I plan to paint it over and use it for the office of my lumber co. $5

I got a nice little Priesler 0-4-0. It had a bad truck on the tender so the guy knocked $10 off the price. Sweet driver mechanism on this model. Runs great, and I haven't even oiled it yet. $15

The cream of the crop! I lucked out and found a Priesler 2 truck Heisler. Just what I want for my logging layout. It was the only gear driven steamer at the show. It needs a little work to put it back in top notch shape again, but the price was right, and I'm thrilled to have it. $40

So all in all I am happy with my booty. I was looking for a box of junk, but there was none to be seen. I did miss out on a few deals I would have liked to get, like an 2-8-0 Revell model kit. It would have been perfect for my shop scene. But , oh well, you can't have everything.

TrainClown;)

Attachments

• water tower.jpg
    water tower.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 19
  • new tractor.jpg
    new tractor.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 17
  • biz car.jpg
    biz car.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 0-4-0 engine.jpg