Train Room Progress

spitfire

That's cool Gary!!! I don't think I've ever seen your layout room before. Thanks for the tips on the valance and lights!! :thumb:

I didn't get any work done yesterday because I was recuperating from approx 8 hours of building the day before!! :rolleyes:

Today through Sat will be pretty much Christmas stuff, although I am going to pick up some more lumber tomorrow. Sunday I will resume building.

Val

spitfire

More progress to report!! I have finished the benchwork, all except for the hinged section. The hinge I picked up today will not work - the holes are right on top of the screws holding the benchwork together - dang!

Anyway, here are some shots. This first one is in the NW corner looking east. I'm going to have to move my work table soon!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 160

spitfire

Still in the same corner, but looking SE. I'm already starting to get plywood on.

BTW the buildings you see are not permanent - I just have nowhere else to put them.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 164

spitfire

Finally, in the NE corner looking SW - hey Mikey - I can see your house from here!!!!

That thing leaning against the wall in the lower left of the shot is the hinged section. That's my solution to the duckunder/liftout debate.

Tomorrow, I'll finish the plywood sub roadbed I hope!!! Then it's homasote time.

Val

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 160

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Now that's what I call PROGRESS. Way to go Val. I know just how difficult it is to work around stuff when you would like your layout space wide open for construction but you seem to have it under control.

spitfire

Thanks Ty, Robin, Steve! :)

I got some of the plywood on today - about halfway there with it. Had to go to a friend's for dinner so on the way I stopped at the LHS and picked up the rest of the turnouts I need and some tortoise switch motors. Wow! They're pricey!!!!

Val

spitfire

Benchwork Finished!!!!

Yep - as of 5 pm today the benchwork is now completed. Next I have to go pick up some homasote and foam for the yard and elevated mainline respectively.

First pic - standing in the doorway looking to my left.
Second - same place, looking to the top left corner
Third - looking towards the top right corner and fuse box
Fourth - looking to my right - hey - how did that hammer get over here?

Attachments

• all.jpg
    all.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 254

spitfire

Glad to hear it Eric!!!

The next round of work on the layout is going to have to share time with work. It's back to school on Tuesday, and this weekend will be spent getting ready for the coming semester. I hope to be able to fit more layout building into my schedule, but I will certainly not have a big block of time again until reading week - last week of Feb.

Val

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Too bad that work takes priority over this fascinating hobby EH Val. You sure have made some serious progress over the holidays. Happy New Year to you.

Woodie

Hey, Val. That is movin' along roooooly nice. :thumb: When do you get time to :sleeping: hehehehehe

spitfire

Well, it's been awhile since I posted any progress shots, but that's because I've been busy making progress!! :)

I got the homasote down and painted and as of tonight the track work for the lower level track is basically done. (there are a couple of places where I'm leaving my options open, so that track is not spiked yet).

The first photo shows the yard with WS risers to the elevated track. That's my next project.

Photo 2 is the area just past the yard. I had to really narrow the benchwork here to maintain access to the electrical panel.

Photo 3: This is a long run with nothing much happening. The Hudson is there because I'm testing my trackwork every step of the way. The notch in the benchwork is where the city module will fit in.

Photo 4: I'm not yet decided how much room I'll need between the tracks for the ready-mix plant, so I'm leaving them loose for now. The lower part on the left is going to be the Keating Channel.

Val

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 86
  • 4.jpg