Train Room Excitement

OK...no photos yet, but here's a trackplan of my layout drawn free-hand so you can get the gist of what I'm talking about...
Let me see if I can post this with enough detail for you to see welll enough

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

Attachments

• photo (1) copy (10).jpg
    photo (1) copy (10).jpg
    61 KB · Views: 68

Freddo

I can't wait to be THAT pumped up myself! Great to hear you're having such a great time. Regarding you're 35mm - hope you didn't scenic it into your layout (hence it being missing).

Run trains ALL day? (I'm a bit jealous)...

- Fred

Hi! Thanks guys...
As I feared. alot of the details in my above post are a little blurry, so I'll try to explain some of them and some of what I've planned. The left peninsula will ciontain engine facilities including a turn table and roundhouse. Water tank, columns and coaling tower. Also a small diesel fueling facility, ashpit, inspection pit and car shop- A caboose track and switch lead for the yard are also there. The main line runs down a 2% grade to the lower level staging. It has the appearance of a double track main but is actually a single track. The 2' wide shelf on the left contains the yard meant to simulate a small portion of the NYCs freight yard in East Buffalo with provisions for expansion to the water front if the layout is ever moved to a bigger basement! The main runs past the yard and curves through rural areas and woods onto the right hand peninsula along a 1% grade. The doublesided backdrop runs through the middle of the peninsula. The left side of the backdrop will depict farmland and more rural areas with again the appearance of a double track main but in actuality is a passing siding/single track main. The line will run into a "not so NYC prototypical" tunnel through the backdrop and into the town of Batavia. Provisions in the town will be for a Feed and Seed plant and an industrial engine factory as well as a passenger depot. The line curves back,past a river and through the top end of the backdrop and back to the yards. I've not yet decided on how to hide the other three holes in the backdrop but at this point I'm thinking of the top part disguised and shielded by treelines and the bottom part in the town by a 2 lane bridge. As for now, enough typing and back to the railroad room! Today will be spent working on fascia in front of the yard before it's off to work this evening! Hope I've explained things clearly enough and yes, I found the 35mm!!!:D Have agreat weekend everyone!!!:)

Matt--Hershey, Pa.