Train Pictures from trip to Redding

SF247

Jul 20, 2005
Sacramento
You can tell im an amature picture taker, but at least I got some decent shots. :D

BNSF Engine approaching

Close up of Engine (damn digital camera didn't enable motion sense :rolleyes: )

Side Car and Canadian Wheat Car

End of the train

Me on the tracks

It's great country up there. Their all freight lines that go by there but damn are they long!

trainwhiz20

Aug 9, 2004
Tampa, FL
Some nice shots there. BNSF and UP. I like it. Good thing one didn't come by during that last picture, eh? :p

dscf0451small2qi.jpg

That's one shot I was perticulary proud of. Just to show you that you don't really need a motion-type camera. This was taken from the back seat of a moving rental car. (See the dashboard, lol). North of Cheyenne, WY.

But, I really like your photos there. I'm glad you saw lots of traffic on those lines.

SF247

Jul 20, 2005
Sacramento
Haha, ya. Thos trains come in there pretty fast too, but of course they are really loud so you can hear them from miles away. Thats a nice picture. Looks like som UP engines hauling coal hoppers. Is there a lot of traffic on that particular line?

trainwhiz20

Aug 9, 2004
Tampa, FL
Actually, I don't know about the traffic. I was on vacation. But the tracks followed the road, and over the course of about 60 miles, I saw about 3 Union Pacific Trains on that particular route, mostly with hoppers. I also saw some BNSF trains around. It just depends on whose 'territory' you're in.

I'm live in Tampa, around a CSX branchline, and I'm lucky if I ever see a train at the crossing about 3 miles away. If I do see something, it's usually a Geep, or SD40-2/something like that, hauling a few cars.:)

SF247

Jul 20, 2005
Sacramento
I see. Here in sacramento you see lots of Union Pacific trains around, but other lines are owned by Amtrak. The Union Pacific line by my house has very little traffic, but the one on the other side of town, the Amtrak line, has a lot of traffic. Of course freight and passenger are tottaly different, but there is a good mix of trains around.

Thats cool, Tampa is a neat place. I think CSX has most of the South-East lines don't they? Here are some of the trains I see in my area:

13671.jpg

tr5_sacramento.jpg

This is actually Sacramento Station where the Super Liner goes. Iv'e ridden this a coupl times. :)
http://www.trainweb.org/amtrakiowa/images/tr5_sacramento.jpg