Train NYBU...

Railery

Hi Gary. Nice picture. :D Love your track work. i hope on my new layout i can get my ballist as good as yours. U are an extremely good modeler. :D :)

shamus

Registered Member
Nice work Gary, trackwork is excellent
Shamus
wink.gif

Gary Pfeil

Thanks Shamus and J. Marty, of course there are others, as you know by now! Always take several in hopes one comes out good. Here is one of the others.

Attachments

• p1010148.jpg
    p1010148.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 93
Very nice atmospheric photos Gary.
Your track and backdrop are particularly super.
The last photo looks real-life except for lack of the wee plastic folks.

Any more photos sir? :) I'd love to see more.

Errol

Gary Pfeil

Thanks T and Errol, Errol you are right I need to get some figures in there. You can't tell in this shot, but this is an unfinished scene, I took the photos because I had just painted the rails. Ballast needs touchup and some of the ground is just earth colored plywood. I only worked on this scene because I was burnt out on another scene. No other decent shots from this scene, how about this instead?

Attachments

• p1010059.jpg
    p1010059.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 87
WOW Gary, another fine shot. And it's clear enough to show up that Warren Truss Bridge in the dstance. Those curves sure makes the train look good. I wish I could get my ballast to look as good as yours!

Errol

spitfire

I missed these photos when I was away. Really nice photos and trackwork Gary! I have a couple of questions for you. Is the track 83 or 100? What's the ballast colour and size (ie fine, medium etc)?

cheers
:D Val

Gary Pfeil

Val, In the first photo, the track the loco is on is code 83, the siding next to it is code 55, the tracks behind it are code 70. The ballast on the main is Woodland Scenics grey medium, the siding is in dirt from the backyard, the JGL track behind that is WS buff medium. Thanks for the kind words!

Gary