Train Movie on TV

CSX6638

Jul 24, 2002
FLORIDA
Visit site
This thursday at 5:30 PM Eastern Std. Time, the Plex movie channel will air the 1973 Train movie "Emperor of the North" with Lee Marvin and Ernest Borgnine, some great train action shots in this one. If you receive this channel it's worth watching and recording.

neilmunck

Feb 18, 2004
Glasgow, UK
www.gmts.org.uk
It's a good film. If it is the one i think it is (and i think it is if you see what i mean!) then it is good fun.

The thing that bugged me a bit was that the two of them jump on to the roof of a passenger train that is being pulled by a USRA 0-8-0.

If you want to keep an eye out for it then it is the bit after they get flung off the freight train (a very nice 2-8-0 by the way) so they spread grease on the rails on a hill to slow the passenger train down enough to be able to jump off a bridge onto the roof of one of the passenger cars.

Check out what Ernest Borgnine sees through the window of the passenger car when he gets off too!:D ;) :thumb:

neil

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
I love that movie and infact I own it on vhs and I think both Lee Marvin(A No1) and Ernest Borgnine(Shack) did some of their finest acting in that movie. :D

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
Great Movie:

Have any of you seen "The Station Agent"? Some of the actors were up for awards at the screen actors guild ceremony. Here's a link to the preview: http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/thestationagent.html

We saw it a couple weeks ago and my nontrain son daughter and daughter's boyfriend all liked it. Humorous situations, lots of railfanning and quirky characters. Only thing i thought was weak was the ending.

Well, back to watching TCM's weekend of best picture oscar winners and working on my trains.

Regards,
Ted