Train Master at speed

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by MilesWestern, Mar 6, 2006.

1. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Fairbanks-Morse' TrainMaster Demonstrator TM-1 clips along the Niles Western mainline. It's trailed by sister Southern Pacific TM taken from weekday commute service on this cold hazy Sunday.

Attached Files:

2. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

I've been trying to get a pan shot of my trains but the camera won't cooperate. Nice work: one doesn't often see pans of real trains and model ones are even rarer.

3. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Cool shot!
  4. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Very nicely done, Miles!
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  5. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

Great photo! Maybe one of these years my layout will be far enough along so I can try that.
  6. nachoman

nachoman Guest

That is simply an amazing photograh, of one of my favrite diesels...

7. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Great shot, Miles!

Is the engineer trying to beat the other train to the crossing of the two tracks farther down the line? :eek::eek::eek:
    Perhaps he will be fired for speeding...:rolleyes::D

8. MilesWestern

Thanks so much Everyone! :oops: I feel so great, thanks to you, more photos to come!

Actually you aren't far off from that,Ron. About 15 or so track feet ahead lies a non-signal protected crossing of two Mainlines!! :eek:
  9. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

Nice! How did you do it?
  10. MilesWestern

Instead of repopulating my orange grove, like I was supposed to do for my Layout Party :rolleyes:, I'll have to show you guys how to take a picture like this!
  11. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

That is a great shot! Nice work! :thumb: :thumb:

12. oldline1

oldline1 New Member

Great shot!

I love the mighty T-M's. I don't think any other paint scheme looked as nice on them as the Demo colors. I'm kind of fond of them in Virginian paint too as the only real T-M's I ever saw or rode in were on the Vgn. What an engine!!

13. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Cool photo Miles! Yes, do explain your technique!
  14. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

neato:thumb: i take it the SP unit is a black widow one .
  15. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

What a coooooool shot!
  16. MilesWestern

Alright, I'll explain my technique ASAP.
  17. riverotter

riverotter Midwest Alliance Rail Sys

"F" is for Forward

Looking good! The TrainMaster is my favorite diesel locomotive of its era (I own one in "S" scale as well as four in my "main" scale, HO). Does this Demonstrator have an "F" on the side under the walkway at the short hood end? That stands for "front", and different railroads ran their TM's with different ends forward. SP for example, ran them long hood "forward".