Train Master at speed

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Fairbanks-Morse' TrainMaster Demonstrator TM-1 clips along the Niles Western mainline. It's trailed by sister Southern Pacific TM taken from weekday commute service on this cold hazy Sunday.

Attachments

• TMspeed.JPG
    TMspeed.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 387

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
I've been trying to get a pan shot of my trains but the camera won't cooperate. Nice work: one doesn't often see pans of real trains and model ones are even rarer.

Wayne

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Great photo! Maybe one of these years my layout will be far enough along so I can try that.

N

nachoman

That is simply an amazing photograh, of one of my favrite diesels...

kevin

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Great shot, Miles!

Is the engineer trying to beat the other train to the crossing of the two tracks farther down the line? :eek::eek::eek:
Perhaps he will be fired for speeding...:rolleyes::D

Ron

oldline1

Aug 5, 2006
Great shot!

I love the mighty T-M's. I don't think any other paint scheme looked as nice on them as the Demo colors. I'm kind of fond of them in Virginian paint too as the only real T-M's I ever saw or rode in were on the Vgn. What an engine!!

Roger

riverotter

Midwest Alliance Rail Sys
Jun 9, 2005
Near Kansas City, MO
"F" is for Forward

MilesWestern said:
Fairbanks-Morse' TrainMaster Demonstrator TM-1 clips along the Niles Western mainline. It's trailed by sister Southern Pacific TM taken from weekday commute service on this cold hazy Sunday.

Looking good! The TrainMaster is my favorite diesel locomotive of its era (I own one in "S" scale as well as four in my "main" scale, HO). Does this Demonstrator have an "F" on the side under the walkway at the short hood end? That stands for "front", and different railroads ran their TM's with different ends forward. SP for example, ran them long hood "forward".