Train Layout progress

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by coupesteve, Dec 11, 2005.

1. coupesteve

coupesteve New Member

Hi guys im new here, dont know if you are intersted in 00scale models, but heres some progress pics anyway

Laying down Initial track ideas, this has changed a fair bit now

Creating polystyrene template for tunnel, and overheard track

Hollowed out the tunnel, small crappy quality vid clip of tesing the train through it

Halfway through paper mashaying (however its spelt)

Finished first layer, gonna apply another later or tomorrow
  2. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Lookin' good, Steve!

:thumb: :cool: :cool: :thumb:
  3. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Good start.
    What scale is OO?
  4. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

I believe it's 1/76 or 4mm=1ft.
  5. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

So is your layout floor level? If so how do you get under to wire it?
    Oh yeah I like the track plan and the begining of the mountain, looks pretty neat.
  6. ausien

ausien Active Member

Great job steve, but why tha papper mashay( however it spelled), I lay the foam, and the put 2 coats of plaster soaked papper towl forms a light hard shell....have a good one steve
  7. coupesteve

coupesteve New Member

nah its chipboard, raised up about an inch for all the electronics, but as the loft floor is chipboard too it kinda blends in lol
  8. Zman

Zman Member

Very interesting indeed. OO is an older scale --- most manufacturers of OO made their stuff from the 1930's to the 1960's. If you're going to model in OO, I would suppose that you have to be willing to search the planet for antique equipment, and do a helluva lot of scratchbuilding.

Incidentally, if you want a good overview of OO, click here.
  9. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

OO is the usual scale for British models running on 16.5mm track. They've been doing it since the 1930s, and there's so much stuff there that it's unlikely they'll change. Some people have been trying to switch to wider track gauges, but the major manufacturers aren't helping. There are a few people modelling in true HO.
  10. coupesteve

coupesteve New Member

OO is hornbys flagship scale, most of there stuff is produced in this scale, Peco also produce for this scale, loads of stuff out there available
  11. coupesteve

coupesteve New Member

track plans if anyones interested, ignore scenery thats just there from me messing about with it