Tractors in production!

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Just "happened" to find myself at the hobby shop this afternoon and spotted these tractors in a 3-pack. They're SceneMaster (by Life Like) and seem more detailed than most of that line.

Painted them up in Massey Ferguson colours, and here they come, fresh off the assembly line.

cheers
:D Val

Attachments

• *tractors.jpg
    *tractors.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 209

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
I can't find them...

Hi Val...

That's cool... I wanted to do that as well, but my LHS says the tractor 3-pack is no longer available. Where did you find yours?

Thanks.

Andrew

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Neato Val, got three deeres in the parts bin, waitin for their own flat.
gap.gif

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Re: I can't find them...

Thanks so much everyone! It was a fun little project. The tires don't come off the wheels so painting them was a bit on the tricky side, but i'm lucky to have pretty steady hands - as long as I'm not coffee'd out LOL!

Originally posted by MasonJar
my LHS says the tractor 3-pack is no longer available. Where did you find yours?

Andrew, (and Chris) I got them at George's Trains, but I'm not sure if they have any left. There was a two-pack there with one red and one green tractor. A quick search at Walther's shows they're sold out but they seem to be available at Internet Trains. Here's a link

cheers

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
How do you "Just find yourself" at the LHS?
I either have to make an excuse(Gee honey...We go right by the hobby store). Or go when she's at work on my days off(I was not here today)
Tractors look good Val. I wish I had a couple to put on the flat car the better half(I'd confiscate it) bought at the show a couple of months ago. Makes for a great eoad.

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
Wow, Wow, and...Wow.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful work, Val. (One for each tractor, dontcha know):)

I think there was an article in a recent issue of MR covering loading tractors on a flatcar. Dealt with a little detailing, wheel chocking and chaining down, if I recall. I suspect someone could provide specific details, if you like.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Re: Wow, Wow, and...Wow.

Originally posted by Lighthorseman
I think there was an article in a recent issue of MR covering loading tractors on a flatcar. Dealt with a little detailing, wheel chocking and chaining down, if I recall. I suspect someone could provide specific details, if you like.

I have that one at home if you would like more details.

Andrew

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Thanks guys! Yep, Massey Ferguson is up and running, and soon the trains will be too.

Andrew, I would definitely like more information on flatcar loading. I've been wondering about that very thing, ie did they use chocks on the wheels, or chains/strapping to the side of the car or both chocks and chains?

Thanks in advance!