Tractors in production!

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by spitfire, Apr 7, 2003.

1. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Just "happened" to find myself at the hobby shop this afternoon and spotted these tractors in a 3-pack. They're SceneMaster (by Life Like) and seem more detailed than most of that line.

Painted them up in Massey Ferguson colours, and here they come, fresh off the assembly line.

:D Val

Attached Files:

2. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Here's a closer look.

Attached Files:

3. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

I can't find them...

Hi Val...

That's cool... I wanted to do that as well, but my LHS says the tractor 3-pack is no longer available. Where did you find yours?

4. interurban

interurban Active Member

Good job there Val my friend, and a great find.
    Did you find them at Den of Trains???
    He gets a lot of odd STUFF in:D
  5. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Very nice indeed, almost makes me want to trade in my 1950 Ford 600! :D
  6. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

They look so real!!
  7. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Neato Val, got three deeres in the parts bin, waitin for their own flat. [​IMG]
  8. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Val, You did a really nice paint job on those tractors.

9. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

The "closer look" came up almost exactly full size, That's some really nice detail painting !!! If I could only get the model to stop shaking while I painted it......:D :D :D
  10. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Re: I can't find them...

Thanks so much everyone! It was a fun little project. The tires don't come off the wheels so painting them was a bit on the tricky side, but i'm lucky to have pretty steady hands - as long as I'm not coffee'd out LOL!

Andrew, (and Chris) I got them at George's Trains, but I'm not sure if they have any left. There was a two-pack there with one red and one green tractor. A quick search at Walther's shows they're sold out but they seem to be available at Internet Trains. Here's a link

11. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

COOL Val!!! That Massey Ferguson plant is rollin'!
  12. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

How do you "Just find yourself" at the LHS?
    I either have to make an excuse(Gee honey...We go right by the hobby store). Or go when she's at work on my days off(I was not here today)
    Tractors look good Val. I wish I had a couple to put on the flat car the better half(I'd confiscate it) bought at the show a couple of months ago. Makes for a great eoad.
  13. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Val, Those look great. I have a set in my "to do someday"box. I can only hope I can come close to doing as well.

14. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Wow, Wow, and...Wow.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful work, Val. (One for each tractor, dontcha know):)

I think there was an article in a recent issue of MR covering loading tractors on a flatcar. Dealt with a little detailing, wheel chocking and chaining down, if I recall. I suspect someone could provide specific details, if you like.
  15. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Re: Wow, Wow, and...Wow.

I have that one at home if you would like more details.

16. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Thanks guys! Yep, Massey Ferguson is up and running, and soon the trains will be too.

Andrew, I would definitely like more information on flatcar loading. I've been wondering about that very thing, ie did they use chocks on the wheels, or chains/strapping to the side of the car or both chocks and chains?

Thanks in advance!