Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by oldtanker, Jan 28, 2007.

1. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

I will be looking at buying code 100 flex track and #6 switches this week. Anyone know of sorce with a fair price, the "local" (90 miles) hobby shop has the track at 3.45 a piece. I'm thinking thats a bit high.

I'm going to need cork rodabed too.

2. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

That would be the high end but not out of line.
  3. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

4. LongIslandTom

LongIslandTom Member

I second Trainworld/Trainland. :thumb:

I live 8 miles away from Trainland and I love taking advantage of their deals. :cool:
  5. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

You can get it for less through the big mail order/online stores but don't forget the shipping cost. Of course if you have to make a 180 mile round trip, you have to factor that in too.
  6. LongIslandTom

LongIslandTom Member

...Plus the local sales tax if applicable.

Here in New York, sometimes it makes more sense for me to buy mail-order than to buy local because of the 8.25% sales tax. So if I'm buying $200 worth of stuff, I'd rather buy on-line from a vendor out-of-state and pay $8 shipping, rather than $16.50 in sales tax. :cool:
  7. sidetracked

sidetracked Member

I second trainworld,,,, I live in Okla and if I order it on monday I have it in house on fri,,,, and they always have everything in stock,,, ,,,, Im like you,, the nearest hobby store is over 100 miles,,,,,,, guess I can thank al gore for the internet,,,,, ,,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,,, st
  8. HOtrainman

HOtrainman Member

ok. idk a good price, but as for the cork roadbed, you may be able to get for cheap at a craft store. i went to one today for some paints and some some for like $2- i dont remember how much of cork was in it.
  9. jimlar47

jimlar47 New Member

i have not used this store yet but the prices seem very good ??

10. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Thanks guys, I will check out all of the places mentioned.