track

davidone

Jan 16, 2007
What track and size do most of the forum members use? I really like the look of Atlas C55 and peco C55. Any rports pro or con about C55.

Thanks, Dave

Meiriongwril

Mar 1, 2006
Lafayette, Lousiana
I use Atlas 55 - Peco 55 is based on UK prototypes, so doesn't look quite right for US (esp turnouts). There are problems with bigger flanged wheels from older stock, but it's not too difficult to change wheels. I think it looks good, and have not had the problems with turnouts that others have reported occasionally. I think anyway, many turnouts need a little filing to make sure everything fits snugly.

Biased turkey

Apr 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada Eh
Atlas sectional track code 80 for my Canadian prototype based layout, and Fleischmann code 82 ( converted from metric rail height ) on my European prototype based layout.
Here in Canada, Atlas tracks and turnouts are half the price of Fleischmann tracks and turnouts, but imho Atlas quality is as good as the Fleischmann one.

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Heh. I agree with brakie on something. Atlas code 80 until the end for me. Yup. Even with the huge black switch controls. It's available everywhere, the most reasonably priced, and damn near indestructible.