Track Plans Z to O

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
I am sure that there are a number of new members starting out in this wonderful hobby of ours, and would like some idea's about track plans. If some of you guys here would like to share your track plan designs, I am sure they would be appreciated. I'll start the ball rolling.
This is in HO
pl16.jpg

[This message has been edited by shamus (edited 01-16-2001).]

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi johan
Excellent plan, did you design this yourself?
Looks like you used freehand8 or 9 to draw the plan, yeah.
wink.gif

johan

Jan 8, 2001
Visit site
Hi Shamus your layout plan looks superb.Answering your question regarding Freehand8 you are correct.My trackplan was first taken from C J Freezer book of track plans for the main station and the remainder I designed myself.Here is another picture of mine.
Over and out.

thebeach.jpg

Johan

[This message has been edited by johan (edited 01-18-2001).]

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi johan,
your photo looks great, I love the beach area. Any swimmers, too cold in the UK for that.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi railery,
Very nice track plan, what was the computer package used to draw it up with.?
wink.gif

The software used is Atlas RightTrack 5.0.
Its compressed to fit on this site thats why the foot lines are not square. But you can make your plans for different sizes of scale from 1:1 to 1:100 (which is pretty small) i like the ratio 1:31 which fits in an 8.5 x 11.5 format for this HO scale plan. i make the track plan first and then layer it for the room walls, benchwork, facia, and buildings (using the atlas library). Then i make a bmp file of the layout plan. Color it and add the roads. U could color it to look like scenery, trees, mountains, etc. but that takes a bit of work. After the bmp plan is done i convert it to a jpg file, for a smaller size file for posting. I've tried all the software design plans out there and i
found this to be the easiest to use, maybe not the best
wink.gif
But its quick and easy. Plus my learning curve is like this \, sometimes it just slopes the wrong way
smile.gif

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Freehand9 is a computer program which I draw my track plans in, sorry for the confusion.

shamus

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Railery, love the monkey, Got any more articles yet, could do with some more.

shamus

hump.gif
i'm going to make an article on putting tracks in pavement; for road crossings, lanes, industrial areas. i've read several articles on how to do it but i ended up with my own method, which allows u to reuse the track again if u tear up the layout. But i have to take some pictures for the article first
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Railery (edited 02-02-2001).]

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Great Railery, when will it be ready for the Academy/Archive. I will put it in for you.

shamus